PDA

View Full Version : OK Sportsfans, who ya got? pats v manning

JenESPY
01-20-2007, 06:03 PM
obviously, the pats will win another superbowl this year, and tom brady will make me his bitch...until then, let's hear your predictions!

specialk
01-21-2007, 08:58 PM
obviously, the pats will win another superbowl this year, and tom brady will make me his bitch...until then, let's hear your predictions!

Well from a motivation aspect, the Horseshoes have much to play for. Remember a game not too long ago in the post season when time ran out as the Colts were movin the ball. Got near the goal line as clock ticked 0:0

Pats have less to motivate other than professional pride. It will be a great game for sure. Since the Pats are a home team....I'll pull for 'em. I will admit to being a Bear fan for many years, too bad I don't feel at all confident for their future today.......Sooooo, we'll see.

ezed
01-22-2007, 07:01 AM
Colts won, they played great. It was a battle for the ages. They won, my hat's off to them. Today they deserved it. They outplayed us. Good luck boys. You deserve it.

A Pats Fan

hwbs
01-22-2007, 07:05 AM
i hope peyton gets the ring ....now for the boring part ....2 weeks of listening to the know-it -alls ....i hated it when my hawks made it last year...

thejuggernaughtbytch
01-22-2007, 06:10 PM
peyton is the shit, i've waited my whole life for the colts to make it. i'm so happy i'd post an exclamation mark but my keyboard broke so i cannot express it. but this truly is a momentous occasion for indy

sucka4chix
01-23-2007, 03:51 AM
Last night was the one truly happy event in a weird and disappointing football season. I'm so glad Indy finally made it. Happy for Tony and Peyton... and happy "super" Brady threw an interception that ended it for the Pats, especially since last week he threw an interception that won the game-- what kinda crap is that?
GO COLTS!!

ezed
01-23-2007, 07:06 AM
Last night was the one truly happy event in a weird and disappointing football season. I'm so glad Indy finally made it. Happy for Tony and Peyton... and happy "super" Brady threw an interception that ended it for the Pats, especially since last week he threw an interception that won the game-- what kinda crap is that?
GO COLTS!!

I am happy for Peyton and Tony. Peyton and Tony called a great game. I have the utmost respect for Peyton after he bashed his thumb on his tackle's helmet and came out and did what he did.

But DO NOT BASH BRADY OVER THOSE INTERCEPTIONS. Here in Boston we've been watching all year as Brady tried to assimilate new receivers into the pattern that was called. Deion Branch, Brown and Gevins had this down pat. Ben Watson was supposed to run a simple slant and be three yards infront of the guy who intercepted. He was nowhere in the vicentity.

With the exception of Marvin Harrison, Peyton delt with the same thing for the previous nine years. He didn't blame it on anyone nor did Brady. That's what makes them great leaders and believe it or not, great friends off the field (they know what each other has to deal with).

thejuggernaughtbytch
01-23-2007, 07:41 AM
double true...

sucka4chix
01-23-2007, 09:28 PM
I'm not bashing Brady, I'm just saying he's the only man I know who has thrown a game winning INTERCEPTION: It's 4th down. He throws an interception that should have lost the game, BUT it's fumbled and they get a 1st down and go on and score. I picked against him time and time again, and he always wins, so I can't hate on him. What I do hate is the fans and media that have elevated him to this godly status, who can't say Brady threw 3 interceptions against SanDiego, but glow about how he won the game.
He's a great QB, but just once I'd like to hear someone admit that they win alot of games that they have no business winning and it's not due to Brady.

ezed
01-24-2007, 07:07 AM
He's a great QB, but just once I'd like to hear someone admit that they win alot of games that they have no business winning and it's not due to Brady.

I admit it. You're right. They don't win due to Brady. He'll be the first to tell you that. But he is the hub of an intregal machine that plays above their abilities largely due to his and Belichecks leadership qualities.

In the past. Vinitari was a huge factor. Troy Brown is an athelete for the ages. Early in the season he was the third string quarterback,besides doing receiver duty, cornerback duty and punt returner (next year they'll probably ask him to be back up defensive and offensive coordinator).

25% of the 50 man roster were dragged from the unemployment line to fill in for injured players. The Pats run one of the most maniacal offenses and defenses in the league due to Belicheck change things half to half. Many of the new players have difficulty reading a credit card statement nevermind a Pats play book.

Yet, Brady deals with it, keeps his mouth shut and takes the blame. The team loves him and performs above their abilities. In this case, it wasn't enough .... the heart wasn't enough to compensate for their abilities.

sucka4chix
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
I think coaching is a lost art--- these days it's all about getting the best players 'cause guys can't/don't coach. Bellichek is able to continue to win without top notch talent and I admire him for that. That's how I measure a coach ( which is why I maintain coach K is not a great basketball coach, but that's another topic)