PDA

View Full Version : TROOPS SURGE-Fleas Flee Baghdad

White_Male_Canada
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Much to the consternation of the self-loathing neo-marxist left,President Bush`s plan to secure Baghdad has Al Qaeda terrorists fleeing Baghdad in advance of the 21,500-man troop surge. Under orders from the al Qaeda commander in Iraq, Abu Ayyub al-Masri, fighters are streaming toward the Diyala region of Iraq.

This confirms reports on al-Sabah, a well-known mouthpiece for al Qaeda in Iraq.

The apparent evacuation of Baghdad by al Qaeda forces comes from direct orders issued by al-Masri, the former soldier who took control of the Iraqi wing of al Qaeda following the June 2006 bombing death of Zarqawi.

Initially, the Baghdad-based AQ fighters did not want to leave. Al-Masri had to send unequivocal orders for their retreat, adding that one of the lessons from the Fallujah campaign was that Americans have learned how to prevail in house-to-house fighting. Masri said that remaining in Baghdad was a ‘no-win situation’ for the terrorists.

In Diyala, politicians, religious and tribal figures demanded that their province be included in the security plan of Baghdad. This came after dozens of foreign Arab militants ran away from Baghdad to areas across Diyala in order to avoid raids by the Iraqi and American forces during the incoming security plan to secure Baghdad.

Eyewitnesses told al-Sabah that areas such as New Baquba, Gatoon and al-Zour in Miqdadiya have become convenient bases for terrorists and foreign al-Qaeda members from Egypt, Syria, Yemen and Afghanistan.
This movement of terrorists forced most of the families in these areas to leave either to neighboring countries or to the southern provinces.

The people are asking the interior and defense ministries and the MNF to seal the entrances and exits in order to contain and capture those terrorists in order for Baghdad's plan to succeed. In the same regard a knowledgeable security source stressed that the success of Baghdad's plan depends on the stability of surrounding provinces, especially Diyala…

http://www.alsabaah.com/paper.php?source=akbar&mlf=interpage&sid=35497

01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
OMG... I'm gonna turn on CNN and wait for their coverage of this story!

01-18-2007, 05:48 AM
Been watching all day. I'll let you know when CNN reports this story about America's success in Iraq. Still waiting though.

White_Male_Canada
01-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Been watching all day. I'll let you know when CNN reports this story about America's success in Iraq. Still waiting though.

Sorry, doesn`t fit into their template of " Get Bush at all Costs'.

The agenda has been in play for what 3,4 years now. The same words,identical drumbeat regardless what left-wing network "news" you tune into.

I have to search for details :

Facing intense pressure from the Bush administration to show progress in securing Iraq, senior Iraqi officials announced Wednesday that they had moved against the country’s most powerful Shiite militia, arresting several dozen senior members in the past few weeks.

Although the announcement seemed timed to deflect growing scrutiny by an American administration that has grown increasingly frustrated with Mr. Maliki, American officers here offered some support for the government’s claims, saying that at least half a dozen senior militia leaders had been taken into custody in recent weeks.

In perhaps the most surprising development, the Americans said, none of the members had been prematurely released, a chronic problem as this government has frequently shielded Shiite fighters.

“There was definitely a change in attitudes,” in the past three to four weeks, a senior American military officer said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

01-19-2007, 07:21 AM
I've been watching CNN. They still havent reported this story. But I know they will. I'm gonna keep watching.

White_Male_Canada
01-19-2007, 07:26 PM
I've been watching CNN. They still havent reported this story. But I know they will. I'm gonna keep watching.

The news,on the ground,is getting hard for the dominant left-wing media to ignore very much longer. The surge is on NOW,while the leftists in Congress pass meaningless resolutions expressing their disapproval of what is going on, RIGHT NOW ! :

Mahdi Army expressing siege mentality

By STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writer
Thu Jan 18, 4:33 PM ET

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Mahdi Army fighters said Thursday they were under siege in their Sadr City stronghold as U.S. and Iraqi troops killed or seized key commanders in pinpoint nighttime raids. Two commanders of the Shiite militia said Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki has stopped protecting the group under pressure from Washington and threats from Sunni Muslim Arab governments.

Main aide of Muqtada al-Sadr arrested

By KIM GAMEL, Associated Press Writer
36 minutes ago

BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. and Iraqi forces arrested one of Muqtada al-Sadr's top aides Friday in Baghdad, his office said, as pressure increased on the radical Shiite cleric's militia ahead of a planned security crackdown in the capital.

01-20-2007, 01:46 AM
I'm still watching for this bit of good news on CNN. They haven't reported this, but I know (being good Americans) that they will!

Keep up the fight!

01-27-2007, 07:00 AM
Been watching all this time and CNN STILL has not reported this good news or much of any other good news.

It's like they want to depress people about the war by showing only the bad.

White_Male_Canada
01-27-2007, 07:20 AM
Been watching all this time and CNN STILL has not reported this good news or much of any other good news.

Good news is bad news. Rarely gets plastered all over TV.

STEVEN R. HURST, Associated Press Writer
Wed Jan 24, 4:42 PM ET

The U.S. ambassador said Wednesday that one of the Iranians detained by U.S. forces in Iraq during two raids over the past month was the director of operations for Iran's Revolutionary Guard Quds faction, the organization responsible for funding and arming Iraqi militants.

"Some of those we've arrested are Quds Force operatives. One of them was director of operations for the Quds Force" who was in the country without the knowledge of Iraqi security officials,"
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070124/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_khalilzad_1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WASHINGTON, D.C., Jan. 26, 2007 — Out of all the enemies the United States faces in Iraq, the most troubling ones come from Iran, and according to U.S. officials, the Pentagon will soon present evidence that Iran is providing deadly weapons to insurgents.

ABC News has learned the weapons include efps, explosively formed pentrators that can cut through the strongest armor.

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2827421&page=1

White_Male_Canada
01-28-2007, 08:19 PM

Death squad chieftains flee to beat Baghdad surge
Hala Jaber, Amman and Sarah Baxter, Washington

DEATH SQUAD leaders have fled Baghdad to evade capture or killing by American and Iraqi forces before the start of the troop “surge” and security crackdown in the capital.
A former senior Iraqi minister said most of the leaders loyal to Moqtada al-Sadr, the radical anti-American cleric, had gone into hiding in Iran.

Among those said to have fled is Abu Deraa, the Shi’ite militia leader whose appetite for sectarian savagery has been compared to that of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of Al-Qaeda in Iraq, who was killed last year.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2089-2569815,00.html

02-01-2007, 02:54 AM
Still watching. No report in sight.