PDA

View Full Version : Sandy Burger,Bigger than Watergate

White_Male_Canada
01-12-2007, 02:30 AM
After Berger pleaded guilty, many of us accepted his explanation, namely, that he was simply too lazy to read through all the material in the uncomfortable quarters made available to him at the Archives. He wanted to read them at home in the presence of loved ones, the family cat, and Fleetwood Mac on the sound system. He had grimmer critics with a darker reading. They believed that in the aftermath of 9/11 historians were going to be more exacting in their readings of the Clinton record on terror and if White House documents showed laxity the historians would report it. Thus these Clinton sleuths argued that Berger was making off with embarrassing documents to destroy or perhaps to revise.

Thanks to a Congressional report released this week, we now know that Berger was allowed to look over (and quite likely filch) files of materials from the Clinton administration that had yet to be archived and were very germane to how historians will judge him and his boss.

According to the Washington Post, the Congressional report "said Berger took a special interest during his early visits [to the Archives] in files from the office of former White House counterterrorism official Richard A. Clarke, which included uninventoried draft documents, memos, e-mail messages and hand-written notes." "Had Berger removed papers," the report notes, "...it would be almost impossible for Archives staff to know."

In other words, the National Archives blundered badly when it gave Berger access to documents that were unrecorded and uncopied. Berger, an admitted liar, has almost certainly lied about what he did with these documents. And historians will probably never know what notations they contained or even if they contained major revelations about the Clinton administration's assessment and treatment of terrorists in the years before 9/11.

What we do know is that the Clinton sleuths now have still more evidence of the Clinton administration's abuse of power and fundamental lawlessness. The administration's public record is replete with the Clintons' obstructing investigations by withholding documents. Just recall Hillary's subpoenaed billing records from the Rose Law Firm that were kept for months from the Independent Counsel before they appeared magically in her living quarters. Or remember when her aides illegally entered the just deceased Vince Foster's White House office to carry off materials that only law enforcement officials should have seen.

The Democrats now repine over a Republican "Culture of Corruption." Well, it did not start with the Republicans. I can find no historic parallel for what Bill Clinton's National Security Adviser Berger did at the National Archives, and he got off with a misdemeanor. From this week's Congressional Report it appears to me that he stole documents, possibly destroyed them, and apparently corrupted Archives officials and officials in the Justice Department. Cultures of corruption have a way of spreading. When I read of Senator Hillary Clinton's run for the White House I wonder, do the Democrats want to go through this degraded debate all over again?

guyone
01-12-2007, 08:08 AM
WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE COMMIES???

White_Male_Canada
01-12-2007, 08:03 PM

This happens every time.

Every place that allows a free flow of ideas results in demagoguery being exposed and ridiculed as such. The misinformed,disinformed and propagandists tire of being emberrassed and just melt away(here,stay in the General Discussion zone).

I`m surprised I haven`t been banned. Most sites that tilt left-wing boot all those who dare contradict. It`s the only option when faced with truth, close your eyes,plug your ears and say, "la-la-la-i`m not listening,get out you`re ruining our fantasy world" . 8)

As far as Sandy Burglar,this is unprecedented. One of Clinton`s cronies steals documents,most possibly After Action Reports,that would have exposed the entire Clinton administration as a bunch of do-nothings who allowed terrorists to plan and committ attack after attack resulting in thousands upon thousands of civilians deaths.

Watergate was politics,people did not die. The Burger theft towers as one of the biggest cover ups in American history.

White_Male_Canada
01-25-2007, 09:50 PM

State Department's most knowledgeable experts on China, Donald W. Keyser, a Foreign Service officer with three decades of experience, was sentenced to a year in the hoosegow after these documents were found in his Fairfax County residence. Keyser claimed he had just been "careless." Without the comic touch of stuffing the documents into one's clothing, being "careless" with classified materials is apparently a serious offense. So off to the hoosegow Keyser will go.

The Clinton Administration's former national security adviser, Samuel R. (Sandy) Berger, claimed carelessness too after he was nabbed for taking classified materials home from the National Archives where in 2002 and 2003 he had been preparing to testify before the 9/11 Commission. Among his documents were draft documents, memos, e-mail messages and hand-written notes, some from the Clinton Administration's counterterrorism expert Richard A. Clarke. These would be very relevant to the Commission's deliberations.

Employees of the Archives espied the chubby Berger stuffing the documents into his socks. He claimed that he had accidentally mixed the classified papers in with his other papers when he left the Archives. Apparently Bill Clinton's national security adviser was given to carrying his personal papers in his socks. That would be in keeping with the administration's dog patch ambiance. Carrying an attache case might have been eschewed as "elitist."

At any rate, in April 2005 Berger got off, pleading to merely a misdemeanor. He was fined $50,000 and barred from access to the Archives for three years. After that perhaps the archivists will require that he remove his socks before being given classified material, or maybe he will allay the staff's concerns by wearing flip flops.

Yet now Berger's story has taken a more serious turn. As part of his 2005 plea agreement Berger promised to take a lie detector. He never did. This week in a letter to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, eighteen Republican congressmen have asked that the Justice Department proceed with the polygraph testing of Berger. It is more critical today than it might have been back in April of 2005. This autumn a Congressional committee made an astounding discovery regarding the contents of Berger's socks. The Archives had failed to catalogue the materials that they gave him to review. No one aside from Berger has any idea what he took from the Archives. He may have doctored documents. He may have destroyed documents. There have been many distinguished former government officials who lived to write their version of the history they participated in. Sandy Berger is the rare government official who has lived to erase history. A polygraph test might reveal how much history he erased.

Berger's lawyer, a veteran Clinton smog artist, Lanny Breuer, insists there is no "evidence" that his client did anything wrong. That is classic Clinton obfuscation. Berger was caught stealing classified documents from the National Archives. For a former national security adviser to do such a thing is without precedent. It now has been revealed that the Archives had not catalogued the materials it gave him. There is no precedent on the public record for that either. Berger is also a proven liar. All this constitutes "evidence" that Berger has done something very wrong. A lie detector test may give us a sense of how much wrong he did. Moreover, taking the test was part of Berger's 2005 agreement. He should live up to his agreement and take the test. The Justice Department should enforce the rule of law and make him take the test.
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=10923

01-26-2007, 10:29 PM
I`m surprised I haven`t been banned. Most sites that tilt left-wing boot all those who dare contradict. It`s the only option when faced with truth, close your eyes,plug your ears and say, "la-la-la-i`m not listening,get out you`re ruining our fantasy world" . 8)

Yeah, no shit. I was banned from 3 different message boards, all of which were operated by openly liberal webmasters, after the 2004 presidential elections.

Granted, I was gloating just slightly and I mean, SLIGHTLY and well within the terms of acceptability for those forums. I was shocked but at the same time, I found it HILARIOUS. Just for fun, I emailed each webmaster and only 1 had the decency to respond. The response was basically that I wasn't "exercising political fairness" and that my posts were "hurtful to some members." I was LMAO all over town for the rest of the day!

I'm still LMAO. Whenever the left's politics FAIL in the free market of PUBLIC OPINION and no one wants to hear or no one subscribes to their bullshit, they whip out the "Fairness Card".

LMAO!!!

01-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Keep in mind that running up to the 04 elections, each of those sites were overrun with extended-adolescence liberals in their 30's and 40's. Most of whom were openly gloating about their stupid fucking election polls and on the DAY OF THE VOTE, each one was GLOATING over the early exit polls.

It wasn't until the actual election results came in that the FAIRNESS CARD was pulled.... after it was clear that their guy and their IDEAS, FAILED!

White_Male_Canada
01-30-2007, 07:48 PM

Yeah, no shit. I was banned from 3 different message boards, all of which were operated by openly liberal webmasters, after the 2004 presidential elections.

Granted, I was gloating just slightly and I mean, SLIGHTLY and well within the terms of acceptability for those forums. I was shocked but at the same time, I found it HILARIOUS. Just for fun, I emailed each webmaster and only 1 had the decency to respond. The response was basically that I wasn't "exercising political fairness" and that my posts were "hurtful to some members." I was LMAO all over town for the rest of the day!

I'm still LMAO. Whenever the left's politics FAIL in the free market of PUBLIC OPINION and no one wants to hear or no one subscribes to their bullshit, they whip out the "Fairness Card".

LMAO!!!

Like I said, Bigger than Watergate:

July 6, 2006, Stonebridge International, a global strategy firm, announced that it had added a new member to its high-profile, five-member advisory board – former Democrat Rep. Lee Hamilton.

True to form, the major media ignored the Hamilton appointment. They should not have. Hamilton, who had served as vice chairman of the 9/11 Commission, had just joined a firm headed by the man who had criminally undermined that very Commission, Stonebridge chairman and founder Samuel "Sandy" Berger.

suckseed
01-30-2007, 11:49 PM
Look, I'm nobody, but as a guy with 'left' principles, I'll chime in to say that if these allegations are true, then it should be fully investigated and the guilty parties exposed and prosecuted. That's just retarded that those records would be sitting ducks like that. I say polygraph 'em. No guilt, no problem, right?
You guys, and the liberal guys each are capable of making some compelling arguments. I'm reminded of a scathing description of Prince Charles, who, it was said, 'adopted the viewpoint of whoever he had last talked to."

The truth is not easy to grasp. hell, scientists can't even agree on what is the best diet!

Off topic: look up the Chomsky/Dershowitz debate on Israel. Two extremely smart, commited guys whose opinions I heed. Totally different perspectives. Are the Palestinians bloodthirsty zealots or modern slaves for the rich-ass Israelis :?:

chefmike
01-31-2007, 12:55 AM
I think that it would be very entertaining if the three stooges(WMC,TFool,G1) give us their views on the Libby trial.

I hope that you fancy lads call the Libby trial better than you did the November elections.

Now continue to talk amongst yourselves...

White_Male_Canada
01-31-2007, 01:33 AM
I think that it would be very entertaining if the three stooges(WMC,TFool,G1) give us their views on the Libby trial.

I hope that you fancy lads call the Libby trial better than you did the November elections.

Strike number 2. One more and you`re the new Village Idiot.

It`s a perjury trial. The residing judge has stated Plame`s status is

irrelevant !!! Fitzgerald knows Armitage is the source.

So much for your Fitzmass. He won`t indict because he knows Plame

was not covert and no law was broken.

YOU GOT NUTHIN`

YOU`RE INTIMITATED TO TAKE US ON KNOWING YOUR B.S. WILL STAND FOR LESS TIME THAT IT TOOK YOU TO TYPE IT. 8)

02-01-2007, 02:51 AM

Sheep, you come across looking more and more foolish with every post.

You yourself ought to learn what the god damn case is about before you post anything about it. Had you done that, you'd look like just a regular fool instead of hyperfool.

White_Male_Canada
02-01-2007, 03:05 AM

Sheep, you come across looking more and more foolish with every post.

You yourself ought to learn what the god damn case is about before you post anything about it. Had you done that, you'd look like just a regular fool instead of hyperfool.

Laughable isn` it ? Anywonder they`ve scurried off.

The Libby trial is only about perjury. And the thing about perjury is that it is intentionally swearing to something you know to be untrue.

Like Bill Clinton did when he lied at Paula Jones`s trial. "Mr. President ... at any time were you and Monica Lewinsky alone together in the Oval Office?" and he answered, "I don't recall," that was perjury. Libby may have honestly not been able to recall the exact point in time Plame`s name was mentioned. That is not perjury.

02-02-2007, 03:21 AM
Libs MIA