PDA

View Full Version : offtopic? guns and firearms

d
01-08-2007, 08:36 AM
weird topic question maybe....just wondering if any posters on here have any experience with firearms...

BeardedOne
01-08-2007, 10:14 AM
Ooh, tooooyyys. :)

Yes, limited mostly to handguns. Massive stress-reliever on Valentine's Day one year with a .22, .38, .357, and a .45. Damned brass is expensive. :?

Other than that, I mostly just listen to the random partying of my neighbors (Ah, the joys of rural America).

spooker609
01-08-2007, 02:32 PM
yes, I have a fair ammount of experience.

marissaazts
01-08-2007, 04:56 PM
it is what i made my living at before i transitioned
i was a sponsered shooter for several teams in the shooting sports mainly ipsc shooting

i also did military and lawenforcement training

i would still be in competition (as a female and allowed by the sport ) but there are so many biggots who are actually compeating it is very uncomfortable.

spooker609
01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
it is what i made my living at before i transitioned
i was a sponsered shooter for several teams in the shooting sports mainly ipsc shooting

I just got into IPSC it's more fun than I thought it would be.

i also did military and lawenforcement training

i would still be in competition (as a female and allowed by the sport ) but there are so many biggots who are actually compeating it is very uncomfortable.
Yeah, I know what you mean, theres one guy in our group that would be the most benefit to the world if he would just let us use him as a target, I don't think theres a group he dosen't hate, except maybewhite over 40 yo fat obnoxious assholes, that is his group. p

Fockzilla
01-08-2007, 09:28 PM
I can shoot sticky bullets. Does that count? ;-)

It sure does! :D I really want to get my hands on a .357 Magnum, Smith & Wesson. I would use it to target practice on little vials of liquid explosive, like the good doctor.

trish
01-08-2007, 10:55 PM
in highschool, i used to hunt deer and small game with my Dad. that's how i know that when hunting in a group, it's not cool to spin around and shoot at quail-like noises that emanate from behind you :) don't have any guns now...but i'll defend anyone's right to own one. on constitutional questions i'm an originalist: i believe everyone has the right to own a flintlock and a hunting knife.

BeardedOne
01-09-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm actually one of the rare individuals that has pointed a gun at a state trooper and lived to tell the tale. During the evidence discovery phase of an upcoming robbery trial I was aksed to identify the gun used against me from a group of several small and medium arms they had gathered in the office. I pointed directly at the offending piece, a rather unique Dan Wesson .44, and said "That one!". After trying to sway me several times (To make sure I wasn't just bluffing my way through to get out fast) one of the troopers told me to pick it up and examine it closely. I again assured them that this was the gun used in the robbery. Still not satisfied, the trooper asked me to show him how well I had seen the gun at the time. I quickly inspected drum and chamber, sighted down the barrel to verify it was completely empty and pointed it at the trooper's nose, about an inch away, clearly stating "Like this, only closer!".

After a few awkward moments they compared the notes from the night of the incident, which included a small sketch I had made of the .44's odd barrel-within-a-barrel appearance, with the gun I'd identified and sent me on my way. Though I was never called back to the trial (I think they were a little disturbed by my overall behaviour), I was later told that my little demonstration and identification of the pistol helped send the guy to the local work farm for a fairly long 'vacation'. :)

Damn! You guys got me all worked up now! :shock: Time to mix up some ammonium iodide. :lol:

apocarm
01-09-2007, 04:30 AM
I'm a Reloader in my spare time. Got lots of little toys. Mostly do Target shooting, but I do the Spike Elk Hunt every year.

Helps to fill me freezer for the winter.

CORVETTEDUDE
01-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Retired Navy SEAL, what do you think?????

TheOne1
01-09-2007, 06:40 AM
sad part about guns on the street (a lil off topic from this off topic)...gang members go to ranges and drop thousands on ammo and practice..while the over weight old cop barely cleans his gun.

Fockzilla
01-09-2007, 08:31 AM

Oh yeah, you alluded to that. Right on! Now I know I can ask you gun questions in confidence! Huzzah! :twisted:

CORVETTEDUDE
01-09-2007, 06:00 PM

Oh yeah, you alluded to that. Right on! Now I know I can ask you gun questions in confidence! Huzzah! :twisted:

Zilla... ask away! But ask what you know you can get an answer to, you know,"Loose lips sink ships!."

latrix67
01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
Lots of experience with guns.From 7.62mmSLR back in 84 with the military & now a 9mm Glock for work...

MDinMD
01-12-2007, 12:04 AM
I was in the US military in the 80s, and had plenty of experience with weapons then. I wasn't combat arms (I'm a physician, and was back then too), but I qualified with the M-16 like anybody eles.

I currently have a USP40 and a Remington Model 2, a cavalry carbine from the early twentieth century, with octagonal barrel and external hammer. My great-grandfather bought it new for his young son, who later became my grandfather, on his tenth birthday.

dunkiex
01-12-2007, 12:21 AM
..but was Army for a bit...M-16, M-79 grenade launcher, .45, M-14, M-1 with scope and then was a cop...38, .357, ..then was in the Navy..so that was .38, .45, M-14..oh..and a Mark 48 torpedo and Poseidon ballistic missile..and now...for home defense..glock 26 and a S&W .357

:wink:

BeardedOne
01-12-2007, 01:34 AM
'Nuff said...

BeardedOne
01-12-2007, 01:37 AM
Crikeys, double post. :roll:

templek
01-12-2007, 03:01 AM
What about the Desert Eagle 50? Isnt it supposedly the deadliest? Or the D-mac or Mac 10? Arent they the favorite pieces of Street Gangs, such as Franklyn Avenue Posse?? I heard about them and the said guns in a documentary

hondarobot
01-12-2007, 03:50 AM
I'm 50/50 on the gun debate (and yes, we've actually covered this subject on this forum a couple times). I do have a little story about something that happened to a friend of mine that definately sways my thinking.

Several years ago my friend was sleeping with his girlfriend one night when the door to his apartment got broke in. Four guys, one with a shotgun, pulled them out of bed and demanded to know where the drugs were hidden. They didn't have any drugs, didn't even use drugs, the four guys just picked the wrong apartment. They both ended up being yelled at and kicked on the floor, a 12 gauge held to his head, for quite some time until the apartment was ransacked and the guys finally left.

After this, my friend got a permit and started carrying a pistol. I don't blame him one bit.

I know lots of people who own guns, all for various reasons. Personally I've never owned a gun, but I have had fun shooting them on occasion. It's nothing I'd pursue even as a hobby, but I have had a good time with guns on occasion (shooting targets, cans, that sort of thing). But if I was with a girlfriend/significant other/life partner, I think I would like to own a firearm of some sort.

If anyone broke my door down and had the potential to put my girl in harms way, I'd shoot them.

BeardedOne
01-12-2007, 04:13 AM
Though I have some reservations about "hunters" wielding AK-47s against relatively unarmed mammals of the Bambi persuasion, I have leanings towards holding personal iron on premise.

Some years ago (I believe it was the early 80's) Memphis had some rather brutal firefights betwixt the law and the scumbuckets. After quite a bit of 'police brutality' claims, the chief finally stepped forward with a basic policy:

If the purp has a knife, tell him to drop it. If he doesn't, SHOOT HIM!

If the purp has a gun, don't ask questions, SHOOT HIM!

The department will support you to the fullest extent.

Memphis cleaned up quite a bit following that statement of policy.