PDA

View Full Version : what is a pansexual?

Youngmc
01-06-2007, 08:17 PM
what the hell is a pansexual>? im just curious

BillyCuddles
01-06-2007, 08:39 PM
Pansexual Googled

Defined by Wikipedia Encyclopedia:

Pansexuality (sometimes referred to as omnisexuality) is a sexual orientation characterized by a potential aesthetic attraction, romantic love and/or sexual desire for anybody, including people who do not fit into the gender binary of male/female implied by bisexual attraction. Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender. Some pansexuals also assert that gender and sex are meaningless to them. The word pansexual is derived from the Greek prefix pan-, meaning "all".

Romance, attraction and preferences
The term pansexual generally is used for a person who does not classify their sexuality with a person's sex, but their gender. They believe that there is a set difference between sex and gender - gender being the socially constructed condition of being male or female, and sex being the biological condition of male or female.

Pansexuals may be attracted to various different forms of romance, and may be aroused by various different acts of sex on a carnal level. It has been stated that pansexuality refers not to a metaphysical order of attraction to other human beings, but rather a more carnal attraction to sexual acts irrespective of gender [citation needed]. Some suggest that pansexuality is more accurately described by its adepts: human- or person-oriented. Despite a pansexual's fluid sexuality, some may have a preference. A pansexual may be attracted to all genders and sexes, but have a preference, (for example) for pre-operative transsexual people, other pansexuals, masculine lesbians, intersexed people, etc.

Now with that definition out of the way.... I still don't know what the hell it means either. :cry:

Smog Boy
01-06-2007, 08:49 PM
It means that you'll nail any mammal with a heartbeat.

BillyCuddles
01-06-2007, 10:23 PM
It means that you'll nail any mammal with a heartbeat.

So, as a man, if I like conquering Masculine Lesbians I'm Pansexual?

Ok.. Gimme my sign. :hitit

Fockzilla
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
Pansexual Googled

Pansexuality is sometimes described as the capacity to love a person romantically irrespective of gender. Some pansexuals also assert that gender and sex are meaningless to them.

That makes sense. I wouldn't consider myself gay or bi or straight, yet I've been with many different people, most of which have given in to their own sexual label, as given to them by society, but me... meh, I don't really associate myself with those labels. If you love a person you love them, and if you're making love, having good sex or even just having a fuck it doesn't really matter, the end result, the climax, is usually the same. Cultural taboos are meant to be broken anyway, as long as you don't rub people's faces in it. :2cent

Ecstatic
01-06-2007, 11:51 PM
Pansexual = love making whoopie with Revere Ware and Calphalon double-clad. :)

I agree with the definition Billy found, and Fockzilla's extension. I am pansexual, but with a decided preference for pre-op M2F TS, followed by women (either genetic or post-op). I've never been attracted to men as such, but I have most certainly enjoyed sex with another man.