PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Site Down.

Alison Faraday
01-02-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a new adult webhost. My site and Karens 'transextreme' were taken down at 2pm GMT on the 1st January, and have been down since. Their 24x7 support is non-existant and I've had enough.

My current package is for 500GB/monthly bandwidth, 10GB backed storage, and costs $90 monthly. It's a virtual dedicated server.

We first had problems 6-months ago when we went live, in that the site was taken down for 2-days due to excessive processor usage. Then they did it again a month later. At which point I went from the standard package to the dedicated server. And now the site is down, ....again.

There's no sense of urgency about them. They harp on about being Microsoft qualified this, and 5-years experience that, yet they can't even configure a UNIX server without a Windows style GUI. Or even enable load balancing.

This is really stressing me out. My other company site hosted here in the UK has been live for about 3-years and has never gone down.

Help!!

Alison

Jennifer_English
01-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Really sorry to hear that they have given you so much trouble Alison - Especially as I have had no problem with them and recommended them to you!!!!

I hope someone can help with another provider for you...

Happy new year to you and Karen

Jennifer
-x-

BeardedOne
01-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Alison, I've pinged the TGs (Technogeeks) that I work with and will try and get a reply to you later today. Here's hoping they're not sleeping too late after the holiday. :D

Alison Faraday
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Hi BeardedOne,

Hey thanks!! :-)

Alison xx

BeardedOne
01-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Check your PM box darlin'. :D

They were up early. :)