PDA

View Full Version : Cats or dogs?

Somedude21
01-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Which is your favorite pet and why?

chefmike
01-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Dogs!

A dog is not "almost human" and I know of no greater insult to the canine race than to describe it as such. ~John Holmes

In the world which we know, among the different and primitive geniuses that preside over the evolution of the several species, there exists not one, excepting that of the dog, that ever gave a thought to the presence of man. ~Maurice Maeterlinck

The dog is a gentleman; I hope to go to his heaven, not man's. ~Mark Twain, letter to W.D. Howells, 2 April 1899

If you get to thinking you're a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else's dog around. ~Will Rogers

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

BeardedOne
01-01-2007, 12:38 AM
I am so ready for this post...

Though I do like some dogs (Real ones, like Malamuts, Sheperds, Newfies), I've always been more of a cat person.

Some of the reasons:

No cat has ever pissed in my lap.

No cat has ever (To my knowledge) eaten their own excrement.

No cat has ever attacked a friend of mine and earned that friend the nickname of "Frankenstein".

Except for ocelots, cheetahs, lions, etc., I know of no cat that has laws limiting their ownership (My example is many, many recent ordinances regarding pit bulls).

No cat, or army of cats, has ever created an entire industry devoted to poop management. Pooper scoopers, etc. I've never seen a sign that said "Please curb your cat" or "Cat walk area". No one has ever looked at my cat doing their thing and said "It's good for the soil" to mask their embarrassment. C'mon, "Tootie's Poop Patrol, We Scoop Your Pet's Poop". :roll: These people come to your house, in a =marked car=, police the grounds for SHIT, cart it away and send you a bill!

Hell-LOWW! :crazy

And show me a dog that rids your house of rodentia. :P

popperluv
01-01-2007, 01:05 AM
cats

Smog Boy
01-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Dogs.

The Dogs of War
Reservoir Dogs
Straw Dogs

What do cat lovers get? (Aside from fleas)

Cat People
Catwoman.

'Nuff said.

BeardedOne
01-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Hey, don't dis those flicks. I mean really, Nastasia Kinky and Halle Berry?

specialk
01-01-2007, 01:44 AM
I love both, but I don't keep a dog as their not independant enough when I go away on trips. However, my 3 cats do just fine :D

Quickman
01-01-2007, 07:44 AM
Dogs!

As far as cats are concerned, no creature that licks it's own ass should be that snooty.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-R_eq28h4

WTH y'all?!?!

Rangerl
01-01-2007, 09:57 AM

Actually there are a few dogs breeds that can hunt rodents. One obvious one is the Rat Terrier.

Fockzilla
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Neither. Where's the option for that? :smh

juvemerda
01-01-2007, 06:49 PM
my error in vote!
i love dogs, but vote error for cats :cry:

Mick
01-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Cats!!!! Love them!! :D

BeardedOne
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Actually there are a few dogs breeds that can hunt rodents. One obvious one is the Rat Terrier.

Noted. And is it the Bisengi that roots for weasels and ferrets?

Somedude21
01-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Bump? Surely, there have to be more cat and/or dog lovers out there.

Smog Boy
01-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Bump? Surely, there have to be more cat and/or dog lovers out there.

Is your sig from Elder Scrolls 4? (off-topic)

Somedude21
01-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Is your sig from Elder Scrolls 4? (off-topic)

Nope. Valkrie Profile. And if you know what that is, then more power to you. :)

Realgirls4me
01-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Neither.

I dated a woman who was really into animals and worked for the local humane society, and she really drilled it into me that owning a pet is a 24 hour job. She owned cats and a dog and they were never out of her purview. After observing her treatment of her pets, I came to realize that I am not responsible enough to own either. They deserve more than I have in me, and I simply can't provide it to them.

:)

specialk
01-03-2007, 03:17 AM
Neither.

I dated a woman who was really into animals and worked for the local humane society, and she really drilled it into me that owning a pet is a 24 hour job. She owned cats and a dog and they were never out of her purview. After observing her treatment of her pets, I came to realize that I am not responsible enough to own either. They deserve more than I have in me, and I simply can't provide it to them.

Now that is a smart man! :claps

BeardedOne
01-03-2007, 04:02 AM
Damned cats hunt me out. I caught myself holding a door open for one of the local strays today.

Now I truly know the meaning of 'Pussy Whipped'. :roll:

trish
01-03-2007, 04:45 AM
i prefer CATS (and i abhor the broadway show...it ruined what used to be a rather obscure but amusing poem). i like DOGS too...but i don't want to "own" either....i'm on the go too much. the best way to enjoy a pet is to lavish your attention on the neighbors pets.

MDinMD
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I like them both very much. For most of my life I've had at least one dog and at least two cats. They are different enough that they really serve different purposes around the home.

chefmike
01-06-2007, 08:38 AM
What's with you cat lovers, anyway? :lol:

Cats In The Belfry

Man sues cops over seizure of 114 frozen felines, dog named Snowy

JANUARY 5--A Tennessee man who kept 114 dead cats and a dead German Shepherd named Snowy in three freezers is suing police for seizing and destroying the frosty animal carcasses, which, he claims, had "emotional value" to him and were destined for a pet cemetery he was building. William Davis wants $1.5 million from the Murfreesboro Police Department and other defendants, according to a complaint filed last week in Rutherford County Chancery Court. A copy of the lawsuit can be found below. According to the 75-year-old Davis, police and animal control officers raided his home twice in December 2003 and took the frozen animals, along with 46 cats, one dog, and assorted "wild game meat." Included among the cats removed from his home and later euthanized, Davis charges, were Pixie Bob, Miss Patchwork, and Big Duke. The searches resulted in animal cruelty charges being leveled against Davis since conditions in his two residences were deplorable. A veterinarian estimated that carpeting had a half-inch layer of animal feces ground into it and that the stench was so overwhelming it was hard to breathe through your nose without gagging (Davis pleaded guilty to a single animal cruelty count and was placed on a year's probation). The Davis lawsuit, which was, amazingly, not filed pro se, notes that he was keeping one of the frozen cats so that he could submit the animal to the Guinness Book of World Records. The lawsuit reveals that the cat was exceedingly large at birth. Davis contends that he has suffered "emotional pain and suffering" as a result of the government seizures. (5 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2007/0105073cats1.html

Realgirls4me
01-06-2007, 08:44 AM
I believe psychologists label that Pet Hoarding, Chef. It's some sort of neurosis.

chefmike
01-06-2007, 09:19 AM
And what about the sheep lover? :lol:

Fire Chief Caught On The Lamb

Arizona man, 52, found with pants down in neighbor's barn

MARCH 7--If our mail is any indication, many of you are very interested in the case of the Arizona man who was arrested this weekend after being found in a neighbor's barn with his pants down and a gray lamb at his side. Leroy Johnson, a deputy chief with the Mesa Fire Department, was nabbed shortly after the neighbor's teenage daughter watched him drag the animal into the family barn Saturday afternoon. When later confronted, the 52-year-old Johnson, who apparently had been drinking, told the neighbor (who has the improbable name of Alan Goats), "You caught me Alan, I tried to fuck your sheep." We'll let you explore all the gory details yourself, via a (too) detailed Maricopa County Sheriff's Office report. Johnson, seen at right in a booking photo, was charged with trespassing, disorderly conduct, and public sexual indecency. Along with releasing its report on the incident, the sheriff's office provided TSG with evidence photos of the poor lamb--who is pictured below--and the alleged scene of the crime. We'll excuse ourselves now. We have to shower. (8 pages)

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0307062sheep1.html

Realgirls4me
01-06-2007, 09:25 AM
Wait!

Wait!

Wait!

Um, was it a female of male sheep?

:lol:

Chica
01-06-2007, 11:37 AM
dogs

i got an albino cross between a jack russell and a staffordshire bull terrier, and when two of the worst breeds combine, it turns out to be one of the nicest dogs to humans ever!

he has killed a few birds (my budgie once!) and a rat before, but is a lovely dog

always wanted a cat, but found out i was allergic too them at times

Smog Boy
01-06-2007, 08:26 PM
i got an albino cross between a jack russell and a staffordshire bull terrier

I doth think we need to see a pic of said Beast.

Ben
01-22-2014, 03:59 AM
Cats....

Scientists now know what cats think of humans - here it is.... - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUeXnCdL01Q)

robertlouis
01-22-2014, 04:11 AM
Cats of course.

Henry told me to say that.

broncofan
01-22-2014, 04:12 AM
I think cats are awful creatures. Dogs may be a bit dumb and needy but at least they have a soul.

*preparing for barrage from cat lovers.

robertlouis
01-22-2014, 04:18 AM
I think cats are awful creatures. Dogs may be a bit dumb and needy but at least they have a soul.

*preparing for barrage from cat lovers.

Hmm. Cats show more emotion than you might think. And unlike the unquestioning devotion of a dog, the relationship I've always enjoyed with my cats has been healthily symbiotic.

broncofan
01-22-2014, 04:26 AM
Hmm. Cats show more emotion than you might think. And unlike the unquestioning devotion of a dog, the relationship I've always enjoyed with my cats has been healthily symbiotic.
I feel quite judged right about now;). So dog owners are in it for the instant gratification of having a slavishly devoted pet whereas cat lovers have a mature, reciprocal relationship with their pets. Could be. But how do you know you're ever getting anything back from the cat?

The truth is I've never had either pet as I'm allergic to all furry creatures and none more than the domestic feline species. So I'm a bit biased and totally lacking in pet-owning experience, except for reptiles and they aren't the warmest of animals.

RallyCola
01-22-2014, 04:42 AM
i have 1 dog, 2 cats, 1 turtle and 1 wife. that's one pet too many right now but i love them all nearly equally so i guess i will keep them around.

robertlouis
01-22-2014, 04:44 AM
So I'm a bit biased and totally lacking in pet-owning experience, except for reptiles and they aren't the warmest of animals.

You have a pet banker??? :wiggle:

TSCURIOUS
01-22-2014, 05:22 AM
Horses. Not sure how many I have

will802
01-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Both but unfortunately the fisher cats roaming behind me house liked my house cats a bit more :( still have one 21 yr old indoor house cat to compliment the dogs.

Jericho
01-22-2014, 04:04 PM
Cats are cruel creatures.
Give me a dog any day!

robertlouis
01-22-2014, 04:06 PM
Cats are cruel creatures.
Give me a dog any day!

Thought you preferred sheep....

asianphoenixx
01-22-2014, 04:06 PM
both, but err...actually more towards dogs

Jericho
01-22-2014, 04:08 PM
Thought you preferred sheep....

Well yes, they are easier to sell to drunken scotsmen! :shrug

SexSlave1972
01-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Dogs.. why ?
My nro 1 hobby is hunting with pointers.

Dino Velvet
01-22-2014, 06:08 PM
I like having both running around in the house together. I've had Akitas together with cats and they got along great. Right now I have 2 8 month old Orange Tabby kittens that are very nice and well behaved. I feed a bunch of strays in the morning and enjoy that too. I'm planning on getting 2 more Akitas fairly soon.

Kitty Cat Akita - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajhXs9N3qgI)

The Akita Who Loved Cats - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_TsKwmV8VU)

Akita puppy playing with my cat - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H9FKBoDTjU)

Stavros
01-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know why Ben has been reviving threads that are five or six years old?

Jericho
01-22-2014, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know why Ben has been reviving threads that are five or six years old?

The internet's run out of pictures of big cock and he's bored! :shrug
:hide-1:

Dino Velvet
01-22-2014, 09:57 PM
Ben daydreams about wieners and has to count them to get to sleep and doesn't realize what he's doing. He'll probably explain himself by posting a YouTube video then sprinkle fairy dust all over the forum.

RadiusDark
01-22-2014, 10:02 PM
Cats. Dogs need too much attention, I love them too though.

Jamie French
01-22-2014, 10:22 PM
Ferrets.

Ben
01-23-2014, 04:37 AM
The internet's run out of pictures of big cock and he's bored! :shrug
:hide-1:

Exactly -- ha ha! :)

Ben
01-23-2014, 04:40 AM
Ben daydreams about wieners and has to count them to get to sleep and doesn't realize what he's doing. He'll probably explain himself by posting a YouTube video then sprinkle fairy dust all over the forum.

I do count big dicks before I go to sleep -- LOL... :)

Ben
01-23-2014, 04:43 AM
Ferrets.

Cuter than cats and/or dogs.

Dino Velvet
01-23-2014, 04:49 AM
I do count big dicks before I go to sleep -- LOL... :)

And you make yourself accountable to them when you have some extra spending money.

Nightlife x NYC
01-23-2014, 05:21 AM
both, but cats are so much more low maintenance

robertlouis
01-23-2014, 05:56 AM
One thing a cat can give you that a dog can't - the pleasure of stroking a warm, receptive pussy.

dunkiex
01-26-2014, 09:13 PM
cats..got 3. They are so full of personality. The act of petting them is quite calming. It is a riot to watch them play with their toys. They are happy to see you come home or wake up in the morning. They give a lot of love. Cats..not kids

bat1
01-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Beavers!

Ben
01-27-2014, 12:23 AM
Beavers!

Especially Sharon Stone's beaver -- :)

Dino Velvet
01-27-2014, 12:29 AM
Sharon Stone's vaj after sex looks like a bulldog eating mayonnaise.

Ben
01-27-2014, 12:34 AM
Sharon Stone's vaj after sex looks like a bulldog eating mayonnaise.

In other words: beautiful -- LOL -- :) :) :)

Dino Velvet
01-27-2014, 12:41 AM
In other words: beautiful -- LOL -- :) :) :)

Your funhole is like a Giant Mastiff eating a pot of chowder.

Dino Velvet
01-27-2014, 09:26 AM
cats..got 3. They are so full of personality. The act of petting them is quite calming. It is a riot to watch them play with their toys. They are happy to see you come home or wake up in the morning. They give a lot of love. Cats..not kids

I agree with this. My 2 kittens coordinate a friendly attack on me when I come home. Even if you are down playing with those little suckers will start to make you smile to the point you might half-forget what you were upset about.

fivekatz
01-27-2014, 09:33 AM
All the kidding put to one side, when one lives a very urban life cats do have the advantage of crapping on clay versus the obligatory walk with doggie bag. Now when I have liven in the country I have found dogs to be more fun to hang with. Cats IMO are animals that require more reassurance and when you die if nobody is looking,,,,they'll eat your remains because the other food is late.

A dog would not shut the fuck up until your neighbors found your dead corpse.

Dino Velvet
01-27-2014, 09:56 AM
All the kidding put to one side, when one lives a very urban life cats do have the advantage of crapping on clay versus the obligatory walk with doggie bag.

Very true and we live in sunny California. Those plastic doggie bags are contraband now so watch out for Narcs. I did a deal at Centinela Pet & Feed where I bought 4 cans of cat food and they snuck them in one of those plastic bags. We kept it low just in case someone was watching. Pretty sure I got away with it. Checked the rear-view all the way home.

Ralph's totally nails me and fines me in ten cent increments for buying too many items. I don't care for the fine so I show how well my rehabilitation is going by purchasing less items every visit.