PDA

View Full Version : Knicks say hell to winning game, we are going to fight.

NYCe
12-18-2006, 10:07 AM
This suck for me because I have season tickets.
I have no idea who's suiting up for the next game since almost every starter got ejected.

Knicks and Nuggets Await Fate of 10 Players in NBA Garden Brawl

By Mason Levinson

Dec. 18 (Bloomberg) -- The New York Knicks and Denver Nuggets probably will learn today about suspensions and fines for players involved in the National Basketball Association's biggest brawl since the Indiana Pacers fought Detroit fans two years ago.

All 10 players on the Madison Square Garden court two days ago were ejected for the fight, which started after New York's Mardy Collins intentionally fouled J.R. Smith with 1:15 remaining in the Nuggets' 123-100 win.

The fight spilled into the front rows of the stands and included a punch to Collins's face by Denver's Carmelo Anthony, the league's leading scorer. No fans were involved and no injuries were reported.

``We do not have a timetable,'' NBA spokesman Tim Frank said yesterday in an e-mail regarding when the league might return penalties.

Today is a likely time for punishment to be announced. Both teams play at home tonight -- the Knicks against Utah and the Nuggets against the Wizards. NBA rules mandate at least a one- game suspension for a thrown punch, regardless of whether it connects. Anthony apologized for the incident in a statement last night, saying he let his emotions get the best of him.

``My actions were inexcusable and I am sorry for making this an even more embarrassing situation,'' Anthony said in the statement released by the Nuggets.

Anthony, Smith, Eduardo Najera, Marcus Camby and Andre Miller were ejected for Denver, while Collins, Jared Jeffries, Nate Robinson, Channing Frye and David Lee were thrown out of the game for New York.

Pacers-Pistons Brawl

The fight was the first major altercation involving NBA players since the Nov. 19, 2004, melee at the Palace of Auburn Hills, Michigan, involving the Pacers, Detroit Pistons and fans.

NBA Commissioner David Stern suspended Indiana's Ron Artest for the remainder of the 82-game season (73 games) for entering the stands that night after being hit by a cup thrown by a fan following a clash of players.

Indiana's Stephen Jackson was banned for 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal received a 25-game suspension later reduced to 15, Anthony Johnson was banned for five games and Pistons forward Ben Wallace was suspended for six.

The Knicks' most recent major scuffle was in January 2001, when Camby, then with New York, threw a punch at San Antonio's Danny Ferry. Camby missed on the punch, then butted heads with Knicks coach Jeff Van Gundy, who sustained a cut above his left eye that required a dozen stitches.

Van Gundy's Knicks also had fights with the Miami Heat during the 1997 and 1998 playoffs.

In 1997, a brawl in Miami led to one-game suspensions for the Knicks' Larry Johnson, Patrick Ewing, Charlie Ward, Allan Houston and John Starks, while the Heat's P.J. Brown received a two-game ban. New York dressed only nine players for the final two games, both won by the Heat.

A year later, Johnson and Miami's Alonzo Mourning were suspended for two games for squaring off after battling for position under the Heat basket, then throwing punches.

Foto
01-10-2007, 05:53 AM
This suck for me because I have season tickets.
I have no idea who's suiting up for the next game since almost every starter got ejected.

Actually it sucks because you have seasons to the KNICKS

BLLLLLAAAAHHHHHHHHHaaaaahaaaa