PDA

View Full Version : I noticed that I only see the effects of the makeup if I hav

tsbrenda
12-12-2006, 02:41 AM
I noticed that I only see the effects of the makeup if I have a camera up higher then my head or the lights or above my head . i WANT THE DIRECT IN YOUR FACE SHADOW/CONTOURS ETC
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

arc angel
12-12-2006, 04:21 AM
benda, try and try again, or get someone who has a eye .....good photos are hard to come buy you take 100 you may get 5 good thatss the way it is....

wombat33
12-12-2006, 04:37 AM
I noticed that I only see the effects of the makeup if I have a camera up higher then my head or the lights or above my head . i WANT THE DIRECT IN YOUR FACE SHADOW/CONTOURS ETC
WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

Hey sweety,

I am a photographer. What the previous post says is totally right. You can take 500 photos only to find a few "WINNERS"

Also, most make up artists go extra heavy for photos.........in personm it would look like TONS of make up, but on film, it is just enough.

Make sure the flash (if you are using) is not too harsh. (Some camewras have soft flash settings)

tsbrenda
12-13-2006, 12:59 AM
so does the angle of the camera make a difference ?

I mean photos look great from camera just above eye level or higher

yodajazz
12-13-2006, 09:46 AM
I am very much an amatuer photographer, but I have noticed that photos taken from a too low angle make the chin and nose appear larger. Whereas photos from above have the opposite effect. In many photos taken at eye level the subject will lower the angle of their head to get an effect like a photo taken at a higher angle. Also notice head tilts. They take away the 'square effect' and soften the image. Look at this pic. take a note from the pros.

tsbrenda
12-14-2006, 12:07 AM
ok thank you I understand but why do the shadows appear when the camera is high or the viewing angle is high.

after the shadows appear i get the perfect pictures that I was trying to achieve with the makeup.

tsbrenda
12-14-2006, 12:41 AM
allanah what angles and height do they have the camera and lights for your photo shoots

wombat33
12-14-2006, 03:09 AM
so does the angle of the camera make a difference ?

I mean photos look great from camera just above eye level or higher

NOT ONLY THE CAMERA ANGLE........BUT THE LENS USED TOO. IF YOU ARE USING ZOOM THEN 105MM IS PERFECT FOR PORTRAITS.

IF THE CAMERA IS HIGH , THEN THE FLASH WILL BE HIGH AND MAKE SHADOWS.

WANT MY HONEST TO GOD BEST ADVICE...............

HERE IT IS FROM A SEMI PRO.

USE NATURAL LIGHT. EITHER THE FIRST HOUR OF LIGHT OR THE LAST HOUR OF LIGHT. IT IS A NICE SOFT AND VERY FLATTERING LIGHT.

IF YOU CAN'T DO THAT, TRY TO GET NEAR A SOFT BOX OR SUNLIGHT COMING THROUGH A SHEET OR CURTAIN. THAT WILL SOFTEN IT.

I AM NOT BIG ON FLASH PTOTOGRAPHY.

SOFTER IMAGES ARE USUALLY MORE FLATTERING.

IF CAMERA IS TOO LOW OR HIGH IT IS NOT THAT GOOD. A LITTLE HIGH IS BETTER THAN A LITTLE LOW. SAME HEIGHT AS EYES IS GOOD.

IF YOU ARE IN NYC, I'LL SHOOT THEM FOR YOU. I'LL SEND YOU SAMPLES OF MY WORK. I HAVE PHOTOGRAPHED THREE T-GIRLS.

tsbrenda
12-14-2006, 09:30 PM