PDA

View Full Version : Haven't seen this topic in a long while

djbj_2_2_69
12-08-2006, 11:16 AM
While looking at the pics of the Ladyboys in a thread on here someone brought up the question "How do you tell between the GG's and the TG's?".
I have always thought that myself. Sometimes you'll see a girl walking down the street, or in the same isle as you in the super market and you look her over and say to yourself "I wonder..."
My all time record is about 3-5 at telling if my hunch was right or not. It's pretty cool if you get it right, but the look of HORROR on the faces if your wrong is enough to make you never want to ask again. You know you just ruined this poor girls week.
I'm super shy and have never been very good with words. If approching a TG who is not a working girl, or at a club, ect, just doing everyday stuff like everybody else on the planet, what is the best way to ask them if they are TG?
It sucks being direct and to the point because I know I've ruined some girl's weekend by bringing it up.

Any advice would be awesome. Thanks!

BeardedOne
12-08-2006, 04:41 PM
Though ettiquette suggests a 'don't ask, don't tell' approach, curiosity has ever been stronger than manners (Not saying that you are impolite, just that it is, as you know, a touchy subject with the gurls).

Maybe there should be some code phrases and 'tells' developed so that you don't have to come right out and ask. I've known/dated a number of 3Gs (Gay GGs) that had their own little system for seeking out wimmin of interest, even turning it into a game: Spot The Dyke (Made famous in the first Dykes To Watch Out For book by Alison Bechdel). I even took this to the next level by actually 'spotting' them with little sticky dots I'd bought at the office supply store. :D At one trade show in DC an official came up to me and told me to stop doing that becasue it was rude and offensive to the women. While he was scolding me, three wimmin came up and asked me to 'spot' them with a dot (They having determined that hanging out with me and getting 'spotted' raised their chances of meeting like-minded wimmin). The official stood in silence for a moment after observing this, then threw his hands in the air and said "Never mind"!. :lol:

In one of her routines, Kate Clinton, lesbian 'fumorist' listed other ways:

"You can always ask 'Have you been to Michigan lately?' (A reference to the predominantly lesbian-populated Michigan Women's Music Festival)."

"Look at her hands. Are her nails trimmed close? Does she play the guitar? No? Could be a dyke!"

:lol:

Maybe you could develop such a system for politely asking, without necessarily offending.

Example: "Hi, this may sound like a typical line, but didn't I see you at Alannah's party last week?"

Polite, suggestive, and gets the question answered without embarrassing either party. It also wouldn't offend the average GG as it's likely they have either not heard of Alannah or at least would not make the immediate connection (Even if they are Maury junkies).

Being somewhat omnisexual, I don't find it necessary to determine a gender status at the outset. If I find a woman interesting enough to talk to in the beginning, the rest just falls into place.