PDA

View Full Version : Something I heard about HorseRacing?

kink234
12-06-2006, 07:27 PM
I got this e-mails saying horseracing is fixed? Since I go to the track very rarely I wouldn't know for sure. So, what does everyone else think?

rico del rio
12-07-2006, 01:12 AM
A top New York horse trainer and a Mafia-linked betting ring were charged yesterday with illegally doping a horse that won a race at Aqueduct as part of a $200 million gambling enterprise.

Thoroughbred trainer Greg Martin, along with a prominent harness driver and a mob-tied bettor, allegedly tried to fix a, race by slipping the horse a potent performance-boosting concoction just before post time.

The mixture -impossible to detect in Aqueduct's postrace drug tests - helped the little-known horse, A One Rocket, blaze out of the gate to win by an amazing 10 lengths.

"They doped a horse to ensure that the horse would win," said Benjamin Gruenstein, an assistant U.S. attorney. "This is not a one-time deal. This is something that was happening regularly."

Cops say the bet-on-a-sure-thing gang also doped horses and tried to fix races at Belmont and other tracks nationwide, with most of the horses finishing in the money.

But few enjoyed the stunning turnaround of A One Rocket.

DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ?

kink234
12-07-2006, 09:11 PM
yes, very interesting thanks for your reply