PDA

View Full Version : Trouble viewing MPG vidoes posted by memebers

qt4u
11-26-2006, 12:26 AM
Was hoping you may be able to help me out. Why am I unable to view MPG video files? When I click to download all that appears on the screen is a bunch of symbols and charcters. Thanks for the help on this!

specialk
11-26-2006, 12:33 AM
Was hoping you may be able to help me out. Why am I unable to view MPG video files? When I click to download all that appears on the screen is a bunch of symbols and charcters. Thanks for the help on this!

It sounds like a formatting problem maybe.....you might not have the proper video codec needed to view vids.

chefmike
11-26-2006, 12:42 AM
And be careful...We've had a massive influx of spammers lately...be careful what you click on, lest you encounter a nasty little virus!

qt4u
11-26-2006, 12:58 AM
Thanks for the comments but I need to info on how to FIX the viewing problems.

specialk
11-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Thanks for the comments but I need to info on how to FIX the viewing problems.

do you have on your PC windows XPsecond edition operating sys? This would give you all the updated codecs needed

Or, google the words "video codec", and download a few free codecs, just be carefull what your downloading.....you might want to be sure your virus definitions are current, and a firewall of reliability (not the one in windows xp), is in working order.