PDA

View Full Version : so Kramer was banned from HungAngels and the Laugh Factory?

d
11-20-2006, 11:25 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816126/

Michael Richards yells ‘n’ word at hecklers
Former 'Seinfeld' star unleashed expletive-laden tirade during comedy act

LOS ANGELES - Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.

The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he launched into the verbal rampage, according to video posted on TMZ.com.

The tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.

Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a [expletive] fork up your [expletive]."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now [expletive]. Throw his [expletive] out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

While there is some audible chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and various people "ooh" after Richard uses the n-word.

Eventually someone says: “It’s not funny. That’s why you’re a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. ‘Seinfeld,’ that’s it.”

Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.

Calls to Richards' representatives were not immediately returned early Monday.

He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

Seinfeld issued a statement Monday saying he was “sick over this.”

“I’m sure Michael is also sick over this horrible, horrible mistake. It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt,” Seinfeld said.

Comic Paul Rodriguez, who was at the club, said he thought Richards’ remarks crossed the line.

“Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don’t happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining,” he said. “Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations.”

Comedian George Lopez told Los Angeles television station KTLA that he thought Richards’ lack of stand-up experience may have been a factor.

“The question is you have an actor who is trying to be a comedian who doesn’t know what to do when an audience is disruptive,” Lopez said. “He’s an actor whose show has been off the air, he shouldn’t ever be on a stand-up gig.

chefmike
11-20-2006, 11:38 PM
LMFAO...so I wasn't the only one that made the bizarre connection...

Kramer and Kramer...twin sons of different mothers?

BottomBoySlave
11-21-2006, 04:12 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816126/

Michael Richards yells ‘n’ word at hecklers
Former 'Seinfeld' star unleashed expletive-laden tirade during comedy act

LOS ANGELES - Michael Richards stunned a comedy club audience, shouting racial epithets at people who heckled him during a stand-up routine.

The 57-year-old actor-comedian, best known for playing Jerry Seinfeld's eccentric neighbor Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," was performing at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood Friday night when he launched into the verbal rampage, according to video posted on TMZ.com.

The tirade apparently began after two black audience members started shouting at him that he wasn't funny.

Richards retorted: "Shut up! Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a [expletive] fork up your [expletive]."

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

"You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now [expletive]. Throw his [expletive] out. He's a n-----!" Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

While there is some audible chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping "Oh my God" and various people "ooh" after Richard uses the n-word.

Eventually someone says: “It’s not funny. That’s why you’re a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. ‘Seinfeld,’ that’s it.”

Richards performed the next night at the Laugh Factory without incident.

Calls to Richards' representatives were not immediately returned early Monday.

He refused to comment on-camera when reached by CNN, but the network reported that he said off-camera he felt sorry for what had happened and had made amends.

Seinfeld issued a statement Monday saying he was “sick over this.”

“I’m sure Michael is also sick over this horrible, horrible mistake. It is so extremely offensive. I feel terrible for all the people who have been hurt,” Seinfeld said.

Comic Paul Rodriguez, who was at the club, said he thought Richards’ remarks crossed the line.

“Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don’t happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining,” he said. “Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations.”

Comedian George Lopez told Los Angeles television station KTLA that he thought Richards’ lack of stand-up experience may have been a factor.

“The question is you have an actor who is trying to be a comedian who doesn’t know what to do when an audience is disruptive,” Lopez said. “He’s an actor whose show has been off the air, he shouldn’t ever be on a stand-up gig.

I don't see what the big fuss is about this. First of all, he used the "N word", which is wrong, but black people use this word all the time to each other so it's somewhat hypocritical to condemn a comedian for his use of the word.

Secondly, it's a COMEDY CLUB; if you heckle a comedian then you'd better be prepared to be on the receiving end of some form of comeback.

Legend
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
I don't see what the big fuss is about this. First of all, he used the "N word", which is wrong, but black people use this word all the time to each other so it's somewhat hypocritical to condemn a comedian for his use of the word.

Secondly, it's a COMEDY CLUB; if you heckle a comedian then you'd better be prepared to be on the receiving end of some form of comeback.

Are you really that ignorant or just that plain stupid.

timxxx
11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
Legend wrote

Just another of our gay Republicans

Here’s a link if you haven’t seen it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T7uKvpzVXI

More confusing was his apology on Letterman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhhj3dX0qU&mode=related&search=
:?: :?: :?:

BottomBoySlave
11-21-2006, 07:42 PM

I am neither; just someone that sees things from a clear perspective.

Black people call other blacks the "N word", blacks call white people "cracker" and there is never any condemnation. However if a white person used the "N word" then black people use it as an excuse to jump on the "Racist Bandwagon".

It's just a matter of time before Al Sharpton chimes in with his two cents.

People in the US are too politically correct.

lester2990
11-21-2006, 08:04 PM
There are certain ways you use the N word. I have black friends, and yes even a white guy can use the N word with them if its said in a non derogatory kind of way. It has to end with a "A", and not "ER". They also have to be friends, and not just some guy you see walking down the street.

Its clear that Michael Richards was using this in a hateful manor. He was angry when he said the word, and just because you use it when your angry don't make you a racist. We have all said things we don't mean.

My question is "Whats this clown doing stand up comedy for? He should be a millionaire 10 fold with Seinfeld. The reruns alone should net him more then i make a year X2.

BottomBoySlave
11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
There are certain ways you use the N word. I have black friends, and yes even a white guy can use the N word with them if its said in a non derogatory kind of way. It has to end with a "A", and not "ER". They also have to be friends, and not just some guy you see walking down the street.

Its clear that Michael Richards was using this in a hateful manor. He was angry when he said the word, and just because you use it when your angry don't make you a racist. We have all said things we don't mean.

Good point.

Legend
11-21-2006, 08:48 PM

Good point.

Not really it isnt never cool to use the "N" word from anyone,i don't care if you add a z, q to the end the word is derogatory however you spell it.

So you call that little rant kramer went on a comeback if so you need to talk to other comedians,they get heckle all the time and don't restort to bullshit like that.

Fockzilla
11-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Wow, that sucks. I wonder if he was drunk. I don't think anybody in a clear state of mind would risk making such unforgiveable statements. But then again this will probably be overshadowed by the whole OJ Simpson thing.

lester2990
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Wow, that sucks. I wonder if he was drunk. I don't think anybody in a clear state of mind would risk making such unforgiveable statements. But then again this will probably be overshadowed by the whole OJ Simpson thing.

It's not unforgivable, but it is forgettable. Look at Mel Gibson's hateful remarks that have all the sudden disappeared. I guess his public apology is OK. In Mel's case i think he meant it. In this particular case i think it was speech out of anger. Let's see if it disappears as fast as Mel's does.

BrendaQG
11-22-2006, 12:53 AM
Personally I would like to know what was said to Kramer to make him snap like that. As a Black person I know that if I push somebody's button hard enough I can expect them to retaliate.

OTOH if the people were just talking amongst themselves not paying attention to him thats something else.

Mista Bone
11-22-2006, 12:58 AM
I saw a video where two women were hecklin a guy on stage...he called them a cunt...any different?

BigJoe
11-22-2006, 01:06 AM

In the clip I found (http://www.tmz.com/), he sounds like he has had too much to drink. Of coarse it's only the part were he's getting nasty and nothing leading up to his comments, but it certainly seems racial. It's not so much the use of the "N" word but how he uses it (hatefully) and the part where he says "fifty years ago we'd have you tied upside down and a fork up your ass" :shock: To bad, I really like his Seinfeld stuff. Anyone can have a bad day and make some off the cuff remark after a few too many...but that "fifty years ago" remark indicates some deeper issues I think.

Legend
11-22-2006, 01:11 AM
I saw a video where two women were hecklin a guy on stage...he called them a cunt...any different?

Not really any comedian that doesnt know how to take heckling doesnt need to be in that profession,was it caught on tape?

LoadedRevolver66
11-22-2006, 02:34 AM

It's not unforgivable, but it is forgettable. Look at Mel Gibson's hateful remarks that have all the sudden disappeared. I guess his public apology is OK. In Mel's case i think he meant it. In this particular case i think it was speech out of anger. Let's see if it disappears as fast as Mel's does.

The difference between trash-talking Jews and calling a couple black guys "niggers" is that Jews are not really a persecuted group and more importantly, do not percieve themselves as a persecuted group. Black people still get shit all the time and they realize it. So by launching an angry tirade against a couple of black guys, Kramer's gonna have A LOT more to live down. The race relations thing is still a big issue in the US; would you see Jerry Seinfeld saying George Bush doesn't care about Jews if a hurricane destroyed his town? I don't think so.

ARMANIXXX
11-22-2006, 02:51 AM

__________________________________________________ _______________________

Significant difference.

Quickman
11-22-2006, 04:17 AM
It's never okay to use this word and your friends are pussies for not telling you this. I wouldn't get too comfortable however because someday they may...

Black people call other blacks the "N word", blacks call white people "cracker" and there is never any condemnation. However if a white person used the "N word" then black people use it as an excuse to jump on the "Racist Bandwagon".

It sounds like you have envy over not being able to use that word with impunity. If you want it so bad, then on behalf of black people everywhere you can have it. If you ask who gave me that power, the answer is you did the moment you made the asinine assumption that just because a few black people use the word, that it makes it okay for YOU to use it.

Now that you own the N word, I so want to try it out...

I won't type it here but when you read this, know that I'm calling you one with all my heart.

Happy now?

*sigh* another apologist... Perhaps his anger gave him the temerity to say what he was really thinking... who knows his thoughts. But let's agree that his comments make him a dick AND/OR a racist. What exactly is your point?

Lemme put it this way: The thing about dropping N bombs at those guys who pissed him off is that in retaliating that way, he not only degraded and insulted them, he offended ALL African Americans and other civilized people.

I hope I haven't offended you guys, wouldn't want to give anyone cause to get angry. It might be just the excuse to unleash another sortie of N bombs. :roll:

Mista Bone
11-22-2006, 05:59 AM

Not really any comedian that doesnt know how to take heckling doesnt need to be in that profession,was it caught on tape?

Actually it was....I found it on break.com.

11-22-2006, 07:54 AM
The difference between trash-talking Jews and calling a couple black guys "niggers" is that Jews are not really a persecuted group and more importantly, do not percieve themselves as a persecuted group. Black people still get shit all the time and they realize it.

You're wrong. It's ok to call a jew a kike, heeb or anything else diminutive. Only in a few rare cases (mel gibson) does the liberal media take notice of such occurances. My best friend is jewish and he gets lots of shit when people hear the "Berg" at the end of his name. 40 years ago blacks had it back. Now in the age of Equal Housing and Employment and pro-black, racist doctrines like Affirmative Action, blacks are no longer the "persecuted" group they once were. In fact, they are actually coddled in our society.

I have no respect for anyone who can be insulted by a racial epithet. Someone calls me a name I just look at them like the scum they are then drive away in my luxury automobile listening to Christian music. I can't be bothered by racist slobs and I can't be bothered by idiots who empower them with emotion driven reaction.

When I looked at this video I thought both Richards and the black were both idiots. Richards for talking shit and the black for starting it and continuing it. What's worse now is the black is now going to court on this. It's idiots like that who pick fights on the street that are clogging up our court system.

Quickman
11-22-2006, 08:04 AM
I have no respect for anyone who can be insulted by a racial epithet.

Growing up my parents used to say, "you can never insult a fool."

Because he's to foolish to know when he's been insulted.

11-22-2006, 08:06 AM
My parents used to say "Takes one to know one".

Quickman
11-22-2006, 08:11 AM

Funny, so does my 4 year old.

11-22-2006, 08:13 AM

You ought to listen.

Legend
11-22-2006, 08:18 AM
The difference between trash-talking Jews and calling a couple black guys "niggers" is that Jews are not really a persecuted group and more importantly, do not percieve themselves as a persecuted group. Black people still get shit all the time and they realize it.

You're wrong. It's ok to call a jew a kike, heeb or anything else diminutive. Only in a few rare cases (mel gibson) does the liberal media take notice of such occurances. My best friend is jewish and he gets lots of shit when people hear the "Berg" at the end of his name. 40 years ago blacks had it back. Now in the age of Equal Housing and Employment and pro-black, racist doctrines like Affirmative Action, blacks are no longer the "persecuted" group they once were. In fact, they are actually coddled in our society.

I have no respect for anyone who can be insulted by a racial epithet. Someone calls me a name I just look at them like the scum they are then drive away in my luxury automobile listening to Christian music. I can't be bothered by racist slobs and I can't be bothered by idiots who empower them with emotion driven reaction.

When I looked at this video I thought both Richards and the black were both idiots. Richards for talking shit and the black for starting it and continuing it. What's worse now is the black is now going to court on this. It's idiots like that who pick fights on the street that are clogging up our court system.

How i'm i not surprised this is coming from you, please stay far far away from this topic before arianna or allanah rip you a new one again.

11-22-2006, 08:19 AM

How i'm i not surprised this is coming from you, please stay far far away from this topic before arianna or allanah rip you a new one again.

Nah they don't really add anything of substance but I'm sure they'll come around to cast a fresh round of childish name-calling.

Legend
11-22-2006, 08:24 AM

Nah I can handle the simple minded insults.

If you mean by running away and complaining they are picking on you your idea of handling it yeah you handle it alright.

Realgirls4me
11-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Wrong, you stupid shit! Any person spewing anything hateful or derogatory at another is never -- NEVER -- in the position to tell that person what they should or shouldn't deem offensive. Not you, not me, not anyone! It is always the recipient of any hate-filled disparaging remarks, or even not so seemingly hate-filled remarks, that ultimately makes the determination as to whether it is offensive or not. What might seem harmless to you, regardless of the context or situation, might be offensive to someone else. In this particular case, the African-American receiving Richard's tirade is the guy who makes the call as to whether it was inappropriate or over-the-top. It's his call, not yours!
Yeah, African-Americans certainly are "coddled" by this society. Look at all the productive money spent "coddling" them in prison where they are disproportionately represented, and who can deny those African-Americans on the periphery of the Gulf of Mexico weren't "coddled" before, during, and after, hurricane Katrina paid them a visit. ...My god, you are a bigoted stupid fuck. Emphasis on STUPID.

That's because you are completely out of touch with most of the world. Completely. Read the paragraph above again. IT. IS. NOT. UP. TO.YOU as to what is offensive or not. What a dipshit. ...Where were you educated again?

When logic, education, common sense, social sense, common world experience, et all, isn't on your side, blame both parties as our resident moron is engaging here.
LOL! So that's whaat is clogging up our court system, huh? Is this clown for real?

... Why am I even responding to the biggest clown and bigot in this forum?

11-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Wrong, you stupid shit! Any person spewing anything hateful or derogatory at another is never -- NEVER -- in the position to tell that person what they should or shouldn't deem offensive. Not you, not me, not anyone! It is always the recipient of any hate-filled disparaging remarks, or even not so seemingly hate-filled remarks, that ultimately makes the determination as to whether it is offensive or not. What might seem harmless to you, regardless of the context or situation, might be offensive to someone else. In this particular case, the African-American receiving Richard's tirade is the guy who makes the call as to whether it was inappropriate or over-the-top. It's his call, not yours!

You're right. I'm not campaigning against this guys right to act however he wants. I am however saying that reactions are what these racists are looking for. They are looking to drag you out into a street fight.

"Never wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

I regard anyone who empowers these racist ignorants fucks as insecure and weak-minded. That said, you're right. The guy has the sole right to respond to Richards however he seems appropriate as long as it's non-violent.

Yeah, African-Americans certainly are "coddled" by this society. Look at all the productive money spent "coddling" them in prison where they are disproportionately represented, and who can deny those African-Americans on the periphery of the Gulf of Mexico weren't "coddled" before, during, and after, hurricane Katrina paid them a visit. ...My god, you are a bigoted stupid fuck. Emphasis on STUPID.

You're reaction is emotional and irrational. I'm mexican living in Southern California during one of the most anti-mexican periods in California's history. I could teach you a thing about racial tolerance.

You can call me all the names you want. It isn't going to advance your opinion.

Blacks are coddled in this society with affirmative action and EEOC regulation. That said, this coddling is doing them far worse than they could achieve on their own. The mentality of "The man put me in prison to keep me down" that's been fed to the black community by vote-hungry liberals has done far more to damage the black psychee than affirmative action could ever offer in reparations.

Stop complaining about the "Victims". With the left it's always about victims. People in prison, with a few exceptions, are there because they committed a crime, not because of whitey. The "Victims" of Hurricane Katrina were not victims of race, but victims of poverty.

You want to march in the name of anti-poverty, I'm right there with you. You want to march in the name of anti-racism, I'm right there with you. You want to march about "I'm in poverty because I'm black", you're on your own.

That's because you are completely out of touch with most of the world. Completely. Read the paragraph above again. IT. IS. NOT. UP. TO.YOU as to what is offensive or not. What a dipshit. ...Where were you educated again?

LOL. I own my own company and live in a nice neighborhood. I was taught early on that because I am mexican, I would have it harder but to never stop believing in myself. I come from mexican parents from East LA. My parents were poor and so were my parents parents. Never ever was I taught that I can't make it because of whitey. Mom and dad were my first education. Life is the real education.

uncutlove
11-22-2006, 10:04 AM

Bill Hicks, and no, its not different.

Kramer wasn't being racist, he was being hateful, and thought of the first word he could of to shut this man up. And it worked.

When Bill Hicks called that woman a cunt, and EVERYBODY laughed at her, it was nothing.

But Kramer calls a heckler who ruined his show a 'Nigger' and has to issue a public apology.

Double standards, man. Gotta love 'em!

I do not condone his acts, and think he was in the wrong, but its getting blown way the fuck outta proportion. The black man did deserve to be called something, Kramer should of just took the time to think of something better.

"It scares you to see whats buried beneath you stupid motherfuckers."

suckseed
11-22-2006, 10:35 AM
Not to get all Buddha on you guys, but remember, it only undermines your position when you attack another person instead of their opinion. To me, it's ludicrous to be gung ho for the political right at this point - but though TFan has pissed me off here from time to time, I respect him. The man can argue his political beliefs, and I've never spent a day in his shoes. Why not just argue your position instead of declaring someone here to be a 'stupid fuck?' If it makes you feel better, go for it...

'Kramer' has shown his inner nature to the world. I'd be highly surprised if his career doesn't go the way of Andrew Dice Clay right after that female cast member of SNL boycotted the show in protest of his appearance. That is, straight down the shitter. He fucked up bad. Once it's on the internet, it's there forever. I heard a black commentator on public radio today saying, "why do we insist on these insincere apologies? Are we to believe that he's magically changed his views in the last three days? He's shown himself to be behind the times. I don't care what he thinks, personally."

ARMANIXXX
11-22-2006, 10:59 AM

Kramer wasn't being racist, he was being hateful, and thought of the first word he could of to shut this man up. And it worked.

When Bill Hicks called that woman a cunt, and EVERYBODY laughed at her, it was nothing.

But Kramer calls a heckler who ruined his show a 'Nigger' and has to issue a public apology.

I do not condone his acts, and think he was in the wrong, but its getting blown way the fuck outta proportion. The black man did deserve to be called something, Kramer should of just took the time to think of something better.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

The ignorance of some is near unparalleled....wrong word....astonishing for sure, But uncutlove, you are definately not alone.

There is quite a bit of difference between calling a random person a cunt and calling another a NIGGER. The word has a sordid history here in this country uncutlove. It tramples on the hearts and minds of a whole race of people uncutlove. To try and dispell the meaning of the word by pretending it doesn't have contemptible root is both ignorant and dangerous.

Why do I say dangerous? Because improper use of the word at the improper time can kill people uncutlove.....I'm taking a rudimentary guess here, but I bet it could get you killed too.

CUNT and NIGGER are NOT the same thing bro.

dan_drade
11-22-2006, 11:07 AM
OK, so I have been watching this post and I justs had to put my 2 cents in here.

WHY DO WE EVEN GIVE A FUCK WHAT HE SAID? When we get mad, sometimes we say shit that we don't mean about everyone, but we say it to that pereson becasue we are pissed at them.

Heyyyyyy, maybe we should make laws about making racial comments illegal. Maybe we can even make laws about thinking racial comments. If you actually say a racial comment, it should be a felony. If you think a racial comment, it will only be a misdemeanor. Hahahahahahaha.

Shit, if these were real laws, I would be in prison for life, and I am quite sure just about all of us would be in prison.

So, the bottom line is... WHO CARES WHAT HE SAID. I would bet that he is probably not a racist person and I doubt that he would kill someone just for being black, so fucking forget about it.

11-22-2006, 11:09 AM
Not to get all Buddha on you guys, but remember, it only undermines your position when you attack another person instead of their opinion. To me, it's ludicrous to be gung ho for the political right at this point - but though TFan has pissed me off here from time to time, I respect him. The man can argue his political beliefs, and I've never spent a day in his shoes. Why not just argue your position instead of declaring someone here to be a 'stupid fuck?' If it makes you feel better, go for it...

Now that sounds like the kind of guy you could sit down and have a beer with.

templek
11-22-2006, 05:49 PM
Tfan wrote:

Blacks are coddled in this society with affirmative action and EEOC regulation. That said, this coddling is doing them far worse than they could achieve on their own. The mentality of "The man put me in prison to keep me down" that's been fed to the black community by vote-hungry liberals has done far more to damage the black psychee than affirmative action could ever offer in reparations.

LOL. I own my own company and live in a nice neighborhood. I was taught early on that because I am mexican, I would have it harder but to never stop believing in myself. I come from mexican parents from East LA. My parents were poor and so were my parents parents. Never ever was I taught that I can't make it because of whitey. Mom and dad were my first education. Life is the real education.[/quote]

My tuppence worth is that unless you walk in someones shoes you wont be in a position to see their point of view. In America blacks were denied human rights for centuries due to the law. Not due to colour prejudice. In fact the law fuelled the prejudice. Those who broke the segregation laws or earlier slave codes would be lynched, ie walking on the same side of the street, using the same park, looking in the eye or even calling yourself 'a man', Im not even talking voting rights. So its not the same as saying 'I wasnt taught you cant make it cos of whitey'

Kramer's views go back to the dark (no pun intended) days of American history, which were ended by law in the 60s when Johnson used the 'We shall overcome' slogan. Maybe Kramer is bitter those days have gone and wished they were back. At least he would have affirmative action and someone else to pour scorn at. Well I dont want to dig furthr into this, but his name is not WASP in origin. So his ancestors could be recent arrivals in the US, ie after Reconstruction or early 20th Century. The Blacks he insulted in the audience were probably in the US far longer than his family. They may not have any experience of lynchings, denial of human rights, enslavement, yet he seems to know so much about it.

chefmike
11-22-2006, 08:17 PM
Someone calls me a name I just look at them like the scum they are then drive away in my luxury automobile listening to Christian music.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

What we have here is yet another bible-banging clueless closetcase keeping the world safe for hypocrites and bigots everywhere!

Praise Jesus and pass the condoms!

11-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Someone calls me a name I just look at them like the scum they are then drive away in my luxury automobile listening to Christian music.

Onward Christian Soldiers!

What we have here is yet another bible-banging clueless closetcase keeping the world safe for hypocrites and bigots everywhere!

Praise Jesus and pass the condoms!

Are you a comedian?

Your bigotry against religion is the real problem. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

Time for me to drive away in my luxury automobile.

11-22-2006, 09:23 PM
My tuppence worth is that unless you walk in someones shoes you wont be in a position to see their point of view. In America blacks were denied human rights for centuries due to the law. Not due to colour prejudice. In fact the law fuelled the prejudice. Those who broke the segregation laws or earlier slave codes would be lynched, ie walking on the same side of the street, using the same park, looking in the eye or even calling yourself 'a man', Im not even talking voting rights. So its not the same as saying 'I wasnt taught you cant make it cos of whitey'

You're right, it's not the same nor will it ever be. Laws will never be able to compensate for slavery. Not laws, not reparations, not affirmative action... nothing will ever compensate for slavery.

The only thing that can be compensated is the individual black and he has to compensate himself. He owes it to himself. I don't owe it to him, you don't owe it to him and the children don't owe it to him. Blacks in general would feel more a partner in our society if they worked for their partnership. Giving them advantage in the system creates an "entitlement" mentality that lands so many of them in jail. It helps some but it hurts far more.

Kramer's views go back to the dark (no pun intended) days of American history, which were ended by law in the 60s when Johnson used the 'We shall overcome' slogan. Maybe Kramer is bitter those days have gone and wished they were back. At least he would have affirmative action and someone else to pour scorn at. Well I dont want to dig furthr into this, but his name is not WASP in origin. So his ancestors could be recent arrivals in the US, ie after Reconstruction or early 20th Century. The Blacks he insulted in the audience were probably in the US far longer than his family. They may not have any experience of lynchings, denial of human rights, enslavement, yet he seems to know so much about it.

Kramer is an idiot and probably on drugs like many of the comedians at the laugh factory. At his age he ought to know better. The black in the audience did provoke the idiot though and that just makes him an idiot, too.

uncutlove
11-22-2006, 11:00 PM

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

The ignorance of some is near unparalleled....wrong word....astonishing for sure, But uncutlove, you are definately not alone.

There is quite a bit of difference between calling a random person a cunt and calling another a NIGGER. The word has a sordid history here in this country uncutlove. It tramples on the hearts and minds of a whole race of people uncutlove. To try and dispell the meaning of the word by pretending it doesn't have contemptible root is both ignorant and dangerous.

Why do I say dangerous? Because improper use of the word at the improper time can kill people uncutlove.....I'm taking a rudimentary guess here, but I bet it could get you killed too.

CUNT and NIGGER are NOT the same thing bro.

Ok, so a word that was around in the 1700's, when women were pretty much slaves themselves, used to degrade them, and another word thats pretty much the same, except it has to do with a race instead of a gender.

Yeah, thats really different. I guess because Bill Hicks called a WHITE girl a cunt. And people can't be 'racist/sexist' to white people, can they?

Quickman
11-23-2006, 08:51 AM

You condone his act/behavior and then you try to change the subject. The argument about when or whether using other ephitets deserves outrage is clearly a strawman issue. At least have the testicular voluminosity to stand behind your position. If you think it's not a big deal to drop N bombs, say that instead of skirting the issue like a little bitch. <-another ephithet you can create a fake double standard with!

And quit saying "Nigger", the quotes mean nothing. Another bitch move... At least T-Fan has the good sense not to try and use the word surreptitiously. Cunt.

You ought to listen.

Ah yes... the formidable pee-wee herman I-know-you-are-so-what-am-I debating strategy. I don't argue with children either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCbBjYGh8Po&mode=related&search=

LOL. I own my own company and live in a nice neighborhood. I was taught early on that because I am mexican, I would have it harder but to never stop believing in myself. I come from mexican parents from East LA. My parents were poor and so were my parents parents. Never ever was I taught that I can't make it because of whitey. Mom and dad were my first education. Life is the real education.

Yes, yes. I'm sure your parents are proud that you've grown up to be such a fine Uncle Thomas. To imply that an entire race of people are culturally inferior (incapable of self determination, deserve to be jailed et, al) is racist. Furthermore I think it's a form of self hatred.

The sad part is that there are so many who you seem to be all to happy to share the same myopic world view with, who won't bother to make an exception for you when making their sweeping generalizations just because you're 2 shades lighter...or darker.

Seriously, if you like to read, I recommend the following book:
The Anatomy of Racial Inequality --Glenn C. Loury:
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/catalog/LOUECO.html

Before you go crying foul again for being picked on and called names unfairly, remember that they're just words, and they mean nothing.

I have no respect for anyone who can be insulted by a racial epithet. Someone calls me a name I just look at them like the scum they are then drive away in my luxury automobile listening to Christian music.

www.itunes.com\christian music

Too much B.S. guys, too much...

BigTime
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Some very intelligent and not so intelligent posts were presented here. However I believe you all have missed a very critical issue.

Kramer has the right to call any one he wants, Nigger, Nigga, Jungle Bunny, Monkey Boy, Spook, whether he’s angry and drunk, or calm and sober. He is afforded this right by the 1st amendment, Freedom-Of-Speech. As long as he is not inciting an act that leads to the physical harm of another human being, he has this right.

On the other hand, for the proponents who empathize sympathize or feel for the current plight of Kramer. You need to be reminded that those coddled, affirmative action, EEOC regulated, equal opportunity housed, clogging up the legal system, lazy ass Niggas, are also afforded the very same 1st amendment Freedom-Of-Speech right. They have the right to call him Racist, Bigot, Prejudice or Xenophobe. They have to right to verbally ostracize his ass until the only gig he can obtain is spouting racial epitaphs with a sheet over his head while the illumination of a burning cross projects his shadowy figure on the big stage.

"Irony is wasted on the stupid"

Not to worry, Kramer has hired PR guru Howard Rubenstein to mend his image.
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20061123/richards_crisis_expert_061123/20061123?hub=TopStories&s_name=

Satire is a sort of glass, wherein beholders do generally discover everybody's face but their own"

Now where is that “Bulges and ‘filled’ underwear” link?

suckseed
11-26-2006, 01:45 AM
Here's an interview with the guys Kramer went off on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWTKhmNWBU&NR

You know, a few months ago I had a roomate who cocktails at a comedy place. One night she came home and was pretty shaken up about the fact that some kind of fight broke out between security and what she said was a well dressed group of black men and women who had prepaid for several seats but had trouble finding a table big enough for them. The security guy threw them out and manhandled one of the women until things got violent, with chairs thrown, windows taken out, the police were called, and people got hauled away. She said the security guy was a racist and a loose cannon who'd made trouble for blacks before. This interview sounds like a similar out-of-the-blue thing happened. In my opinion, Kramer can go fuck himself.
And has.

Kramer
11-26-2006, 05:55 AM
Did I hear correctly that the dudes want to extort money from Richards?

WTF is that about?????? You cant sue someone for calling names!!!! This word is used everyday by thousands of people, you cant sue over it, geez!!! These guys are taking advantage of a bad situation. Its becoming a joke now! People gotta suck it up and go on with their lives! :roll:

templek
11-26-2006, 09:27 AM
It was not use of the N word. He said things like 'we can buy and sell you like before', 'when I go wake up I'll still be rich, when you wake up you'll still be a N word', '50 years ago we used to lynch you' etc. Its a bit like someone using the holocaust to insult a jew.

Also the guys were in a mixed group on a night out to celebrate a birthday. The non black members were equally offended and walked out.

He was not using the word in the context rappers or blacks use it. He used it in its original intent and purpose during slavery and segregation. It seemed he was out to promote hatred and bigotry Those days are abolished by law. Maybe he wants tthem to return. If he was speaking at a KKK private meeting fine. But not at a venue open to the public.

If he really was sorry instead of making an half hearted gesture only because it was caught on film, why doesnt he make substantial donation to some black charity?

suckseed
11-26-2006, 09:44 AM
Bottom line for me is it's shocking anybody can honestly think that way when they're a worldly adult, and doubly so that he would be so stupid as to think that it was worth it to say it out loud like that. I've never said that word to anyone in my life. I'm not looking for a medal here, just...damn.
Must be a bitch carrying around that hate.

beatmaker
11-26-2006, 01:41 PM

You're right. I'm not campaigning against this guys right to act however he wants. I am however saying that reactions are what these racists are looking for. They are looking to drag you out into a street fight.

"Never wrestle with a pig because you both get dirty and the pig likes it."

I regard anyone who empowers these racist ignorants fucks as insecure and weak-minded. That said, you're right. The guy has the sole right to respond to Richards however he seems appropriate as long as it's non-violent.

You're reaction is emotional and irrational. I'm mexican living in Southern California during one of the most anti-mexican periods in California's history. I could teach you a thing about racial tolerance.

You can call me all the names you want. It isn't going to advance your opinion.

Stop complaining about the "Victims". With the left it's always about victims. People in prison, with a few exceptions, are there because they committed a crime, not because of whitey. The "Victims" of Hurricane Katrina were not victims of race, but victims of poverty.

You want to march in the name of anti-poverty, I'm right there with you. You want to march in the name of anti-racism, I'm right there with you. You want to march about "I'm in poverty because I'm black", you're on your own.

Tfan, you do realize heckling is something most experienced comedians have dealt with at some point in their career. Especially, when they had subpar material like Michael Richards did. He is a funny actor, who thinks that makes him a standup comedian. Jerry Seinfield is a comedian, so maybe he thinks that shyt rubbed off. How wrong! In any event, all professional comedians who were interviewed said the proper response is to make fun of that heckler without using racism or other inflammatory language. Think about it, if you're truly funny and understand your craft, you should have no problem clowning an amateur in the audience. I've seen too many whites and a few apologist non-whites overtly and covertly defend Richard's actions because of some harmless heckling. Cmon!!! Any comedian who's been in the biz for a some time, has dealt with a drunken heckler before. Barbara Streisand has had it out with a few overzealous concertgoers, who have called her all kinds of names, because of her anti-Bush remarks on stage. However, her nor the concertgoer has made racist or anti-Semitic remarks in the heat of debate.

Your comment about not respecting anyone who gets offended by racist remarks is sheer stupidity. Sure, you should never allow someone's ignorance to break down your self-esteem or disempower you. However, if the Governor or a Senator of California is recorded making anti-Mexican remarks you won't be the least offended? Yeah right! Sure, you might not harp on it, but if it doesn't offend you at all, then you are someone who is not in touch with their most primal human emotions.

Another thing that irkes me about your responses, is your pathological denial. Your sitting up here talking about Blacks reveling in victimology, like Mexicans aren't doing the same shit. I guess Mexicans don't use or benefit from Affirmative Action and minority-based incentive programs for small businesses. You're starting to sound like one of those right-wing, bottle-blond white women like Anne Coulter, who seem to live under the delusion, about just how much white women have benefited from Affirmative Action/EEOC programs. Matter of fact, it's uncommon knowledge that out off all minority or oppressed groups, white women benefited the most from the Affirmative Action program. Another thing TFan, with all of the GOP-based immigration reforms being proposed, many Latin immigrant groups, especially Mexicans are protesting in the streets and speaking their minds on the issue. Many are saying systematic deportations and proposed the building of a Mexican/US border wall is racist, when many Republicans will say they're just trying to enforce immigration laws, especially in light of recent terroristic treats against the United States. As a Black American on the outside looking in, I can say "Why are Mexicans trying to use racism or even the Black-driven civil rights movement of the 1960's, to defend their people illegally entering our borders".

TFan, I think you need to clean up your own backyard, instead of trying to standup on your high horse and judge Blacks like Mexicans don't commit rampant crime, rely on public assistance, or fill up the jails in areas heavily populated by Mexicans like East L.A, Chino or San Antonio. I've heard numerous Mexican community activist in news interviews or documentaries, say these self-destructive activities are largely due to the poor schools and the lack of employment opportunities in their communities. Based on what you've said about Blacks, these are excuses, blaming Whitey as you call it. I don't see the difference buddy! One thing that really pisses off Black people about many immigrants who come here, is that so many have this superior attitude, yet their communities have a lot of the same problems and shortcomings as the Blacks community, especially Latinos. They also have benefited from the civil rights gains, fought for by millions of blacks and the resulting deaths of freedom fighters like Dr. Martin Luther King, yet have little appreciation or acknowledgement of Black American's role in this part of our country's history and how it has benefited them.

[quote="TFan"]LOL. I own my own company and live in a nice neighborhood. I was taught early on that because I am mexican, I would have it harder but to never stop believing in myself. I come from mexican parents from East LA. My parents were poor and so were my parents parents. Never ever was I taught that I can't make it because of whitey. Mom and dad were my first education. Life is the real education.

You seem to be under the illusion, that many Blacks weren't raised the same way. You seem to disregard the large amount of successful Blacks in this country, while negating the fact that many Mexicans do relish in victimology, when it benefits them. Sure, many do come to this country and bust their azz to make an honest living, but many automatically blame racism when politicians want to question their illegal status. Personally, I think many right-wing groups are bigots, who would'nt care if these were white Russian or Eastern European immigrants, but are trying to cloak their racial intolerance behind the law. However, based on your comments, you would have to disagree or be an outright hypocrite, not willing to acknowledge that his own people's shyt stinks too.

beatmaker
11-26-2006, 02:08 PM
Did I hear correctly that the dudes want to extort money from Richards?

WTF is that about?????? You cant sue someone for calling names!!!! This word is used everyday by thousands of people, you cant sue over it, geez!!! These guys are taking advantage of a bad situation. Its becoming a joke now! People gotta suck it up and go on with their lives! :roll:

Your obviously on Michael Richards' dick, so anything coming out your month is biased!

White people such as your self, have got to stop thinking you can return to the days of calling black people the "N" word when it suits your fancy, because you heard some ignorant rapper who doesn't know any better say it.

As far as suing, I think they should. I saw the interview with the 2 black gentlemen he had the verbal altercation with and most of the offensive stuff he said, occured before the patron pulled out the cameraphone to record this ignorant asshole. What if a group of Jewish folks were out for a good time and maybe heckled a corny comedian, who just happened to be of German descent. Then in a fit of anger, the comedian goes on a 10-15 minute tirade about being glad their grandparents got cooked in an ovens and how he has Hitler posters all over his house and kike this, hooknose that! Free speech is one thing, but to be in a public place, have the power of the microphone and totally humiliate and visit indignity after indignity upon someone is unacceptable and his ass should pay for that. Kramer, what if you took your wife or girlfriend who you really loved to a comedy club, only to have a famous black comedian just call you wife a ho, slut, dick-sucker, white whore and everyname in the book with utter disdain and hostility in his voice for 15 minutes straight, while everyone laughed and people looked at you like a punk, because you're allowing another man to publicly humiliate and degrade the women you love for all to see. I wonder what your opinion would be if that happened to you and the humilation was exponentially magnified, as someone with a cameraphone sent the footage to the news channels and now the whole world can see you and your women getting totally disrespected in front of a room full of people every 5 minutes.

Kramer, I guess you would just let bygones be bygones right? Maybe a bogus sorry from the brotha, orchestrated by some Hollywood damage-control P.R specialist would suffice. I'm sure that would be good enough for you and the woman you love, right!

garygary
12-03-2006, 04:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q8LxO4wnCQ