PDA

View Full Version : What's the best animated television show???

11-16-2006, 04:40 AM
I've thought of the ones that count. The shows that largely target adult audience and are culturally significant.

King of the Hill

South Park

Simpsons

Family Guy

My vote goes to King of the Hill or South Park... but I'm voting for King of the Hill because I think it's just a better show. I also like the simpsons but they've turned Homer into a bumbling idiot and that's just intolerable. And family guy just plain sucks.

Teabagger Vance
11-16-2006, 04:43 AM
Out of those four choices, South Park wins easily for me.

However, the real answer wasn't listed there:

The Venture Bros.

jefff
11-16-2006, 04:56 AM
i find king of the hill to be the absolute worst animated show ever created.

i voted for southpark.

11-16-2006, 04:58 AM

That would be Family Guy

werwt22
11-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Family Guy of course. "Dad whats the hole on that whale for? I'll tell you what its not for.....and then you'll understand why I can never go back to seaworld." lmao classic.

HornieHubbieinCT
11-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Two missing tittles:

Venture Bros

Drawn Together

My 2cents...

HH

LoadedRevolver66
11-16-2006, 10:20 PM
I voted for Family Guy, but you forgot some things:

American Dad

Drawn Together

needsum
11-16-2006, 10:35 PM
gotta be the Simpsons--that show rejuvinated the adult mainstream cartoon boom in the late 80's. It is the reason why we have those other shows.

Quinn
11-16-2006, 11:22 PM

i voted for southpark.

Cosign on both points.

-Quinn

BeardedOne
11-17-2006, 12:01 AM
Then again, maybe if I lived in a trailer park, was married to my cousin, and had some flipper kids I might feel differently………

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ow! @ 'flipper kids' :lol:

I live in the land of six-fingered men (Surprisingly close to the "civilized world"), so I know the truth to that. :lol:

I'm glad to see that Clutch Cargo wasn't on the list. :lol:

King of the Hill has its moments, but they are brief and rare. I'll watch it, if I happen to be in a place that has teevee and there aren't any good shoot-em-ups to watch otherwise, but I wouldn't rent the vid/DVD.

South Park: I just don't get it. Really. It's totally lost on me. Some of the nomenclature has seeped into my addled brain ("They killed Kenny!", "You will respect mah authority", and "Tree fiddy" are samples thereof), but beyond that, *ZOOM*, right by me.

Well, and "Blame Canada". :D

Gotta love The Simpsons, though. I originally thought they were too lame and commercial (Hell, Bart keychains, coffee mugs, pens, pencils, posters, comic books, t-shirts, underoos, designer condoms...OK, I made up that last one...But they'll =do= it!) until I saw a few episodes (Having no teevee, I arrive late on the scene of such things, usually at hotels or via DVD and so didn't tune into the Simpsons until about the third or fourth season). The satire is beyond belief. As I am in tune to comics, film, etc. I was able to pick up on many asides that the average audience (Even Simpsons fans) did not. Made it extra special. Lost my mind watching the one where Seymour (As Catwoman) battled it out with the Comic Store Guy (As Klingon) over Edna Crabapple (Pronounced Crub-opple). Har! I've been there! Attended a wedding in St. Louis many years ago where the honor guard was elves and Klingons and they played Billy Idol's "White Wedding" as the bride and groom marched down the aisle. :D

Why all the animosity towards Family Guy? Peter's a doofus, Lois is a hotty, Chris is just plain fucking stoopid, and Meg is the brainy brat. Stewie, well, he's our next world leader. :lol: C'mon, YouTube the four Harvard speeches that McFarlane did as himself, Peter, Stewie, and "Giggety, giggety" Quagmire. :lol:

And do any of those other series have BDSM action figures of the primary characters? I thought not.

hondarobot
11-17-2006, 12:09 AM
I would have to say the greatest animated show ever would have to be:

Vampire Assassin :!: :!: :!:

But I am admittedly a bit biased.

:wink:

bassman2546
11-17-2006, 01:13 AM
I've never found King of the Hill funny, ever.

The Simpsons is getting old. Watched the new one on Sunday and chuckled maybe once.

South Park pushes the envelope. Cartman still makes me laugh and they also think Tom Cruise is gay.

Family Guy wins hands down in my opinion. Was furious when they originally cancelled it. I was so glad there were others like me who loved the show and demanded it back. Peter Griffin is way more entertaining than Homer Simpson and Stewie is the funniest character out of all the mentioned shows.

Eric420
11-17-2006, 01:46 AM
from this list, Family guy. South Park is kind of boring.

Robotech is the #1 cartoon of all time.

werwt22
11-17-2006, 03:41 AM
C'mon no Futurama? The ratings on that are usually just as high as family guy. I did love the World of Warcraft South Park too. But I'm sticking with Family Guy and Futurama is a close 2nd. Simpsons used to dominate but thats b/c they had no comp before and now that it does the show's lost its touch. King of the Hill was ok but only for a couple seasons. Futurama should be in its place.

michaelalberton
11-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I'm absolutely extatic that Futurama is allegedly coming back on the air with some new material. Such an underrated show, it's like all the cleverness of the simpsons defected over to Futurama. Back in the day, Simpsons was the shit, noone can touch it. Now it's pretty horrible, like a ghost that haunts the airways but won't go away. It needs to go, its terrible, it just brings credability to family guy, which is a good show, but it's kinda modeled after the simpsons. Now the simpsons actually rips off family guy, it infuriates me. When it's al said and done, i gotta say that Futuramas four seasons were as solid as anything else on televesion, period.

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 09:31 PM
BeardedOne,

Gotta love Lois in leather. She is f'n HOT!! Make me wish I was a fat catoon character. Oh wait, I think I am. :wink:

Night Rider
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
I voted Simpsons but South Park is far funnier

PghTGrlLvr
11-18-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow......Then suddenly I couldn't spell. Shoulda' been:

BeardedOne,

Gotta love Lois in leather. She is f'n HOT!! Makes me wish I was a fat cartoon character. Oh wait, I think I am. :wink: :oops:

Coroner
11-18-2007, 09:45 PM
Is this the 1st anniversary of the topic?

Huh, I thought TFan is back....

Willie Escalade
11-18-2007, 10:18 PM
Even though the poll's choices are biased, I still chose Family Guy. I know The Simpsons have had a long shelf life, but Family Guy is just fresher. The same goes for American Dad. I enjoy all the shows though.

Trogdor
11-19-2007, 11:11 AM
Well, I liked Transformers: Beast Wars and Pokemon for my choices though. :P

TJ347
11-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Lil Bush, hands down.

werwt22
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
I'm absolutely extatic that Futurama is allegedly coming back on the air with some new material. Such an underrated show, it's like all the cleverness of the simpsons defected over to Futurama. Back in the day, Simpsons was the shit, noone can touch it. Now it's pretty horrible, like a ghost that haunts the airways but won't go away. It needs to go, its terrible, it just brings credability to family guy, which is a good show, but it's kinda modeled after the simpsons. Now the simpsons actually rips off family guy, it infuriates me. When it's al said and done, i gotta say that Futuramas four seasons were as solid as anything else on televesion, period.

You sure? I heard Adult Swim was taking it off the air. Why would they do that if it's supposed to be coming back.

Legend
11-19-2007, 09:15 PM

You sure? I heard Adult Swim was taking it off the air. Why would they do that if it's supposed to be coming back.

Adult swim has had the rights for so many years and apparently comedy central has picked up the rights to the old episodes and the new movie.So adult swim doesn't have a choice to take it off unless they want to get sued.

Quinn
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate how much King of the Hill sucks. I would rather watch paint dry while continuously getting kicked in the testicles than watch another episode of that unfunny drivel.

-Quinn

Legend
11-19-2007, 09:36 PM
I would just like to take this opportunity to reiterate how much King of the Hill sucks. I would rather watch paint dry while continuously getting kicked in the testicles than watch another episode of that unfunny drivel.

-Quinn

I've never liked anything by mike judge,he animation sucks and his brand of humor is something that consist of what 15 year old boys find funny(beavis and butthead).

TJT
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Growing up and living in a little towns in the South,King of the Hill,is dead on in the way depicts life in the region.

Every block has a Hank Hill on it and football is religion. I laugh my ass off when I watch it because I know all those folks under other names. Mike Judge has those characters nailed, all the way down to Hanks Dad,Cotton,and his buddies at the VFW.

I'm wondering if this is their last year? They killed Cotton off two weeks back. His rampages were a major part of the show. The one where he steals Santa Ana's wooden leg is a classic.

GrimFusion
11-20-2007, 09:14 AM
What's with the exclusion of all the old classics like Ren & Stimpy and Bevis and Butthead? If we're talking a more adult-oriented humor, why not add in Futurama?

I think when it comes down to it, this is a VERY opinion-oriented question and no valid answer can emerge, despite the amount of votes due to current show popularity.

CitrusX
11-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I know its not animated, but Sifl and Olly gets my vote.

Quiet Reflections
11-20-2007, 09:46 AM
south park
batman the animated series

Quiet Reflections
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
And Boondocks

tall, dark & Handsome
11-20-2007, 09:47 AM
I love the squidbillies check out "take this job and love it"

Early: why don't you try workin' yo'self a real damn job
Russ: ain't you got a real job daddy?