PDA

View Full Version : NE1 KNOW A WAY TO DL PICS FROM A WEBSITE THAT DEOSNT ALLOW?

TT321
11-12-2006, 07:17 PM
I WANT TO DOWNLOAD PICS FORM A WEBSITE THAT ONLY ALLOWS YOU TO VIEW THEM..IS THERE A WAY I CAN SAVE THEM ONTO MY COMPUTER?
WILL A CERTAIN WEB BROWSER OR PLUG-IN WORK?
THANK YOU EVERYONE....

TT321
11-12-2006, 10:22 PM
So you guys understand the question?
can someone please help me out with this? : D

gaiseric
11-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Here's a novel idea.
Why not respect the wishes of the website owner and the owner of the pictures and not download them

123sonny
11-12-2006, 11:14 PM
Of course there is a way - if there's a will there's a way. But as Gaiseric said, you should still respect the site owners wishes!

TT321
11-12-2006, 11:31 PM
It's a pay site and I paid for it...does anybody know?

gaiseric
11-12-2006, 11:38 PM
The fact that you paid for the site means you are allowed access to view the site and included pix etc. The owner of the material is still entitled to prevent anyone copying said material without express permission.

ARMANIXXX
11-12-2006, 11:41 PM
^

He's also entitled to make his own copies.

Allan
11-12-2006, 11:58 PM
^

He's also entitled to make his own copies.

OK, I have done photoshoots with Shemales and build websites so why do they protect the images ?

Basically their websites represent a lot of work for them, I photograph the models, and somtimes I design and create their site,

Your right, they could leave the photos unprotected , but all they would need is one member to download all the photos
from their site, post them to internet user groups and suddenly the following would happen:-

1) No new members, why bother joining their paysite when you can download for free ?
2) Lose their existing members, why should you and others pay good money for exclusive content when everyone else is downloading it from usergroups ?

consider this :-

Preperation - makeup, lighting = 1 hr
Photoshoot 2-3 hrs
Photo selection 1hr ( out of 300 photos, not all, only the best end up in a gallery)
Photo editing 2hrs (usually just brightness and contrast adjustments)
Website integration and upload 2 hrs

So as you can see, every gallery update they do is 8-9 hours work for them and me...(believe me, there is nothing glamourous about glamour, it really is hard work)

I guess what I am trying to say is put yourself in their position, you work really hard to produce a product / idea and someone
comes along and just takes everything you have worked so hard for, markets it everywhere and you have no way to get it back.
You are a member of their site, you have paid your hard earned money to join, they do these photos for you and their other members, no one else.

- You go pay to watch a film at the cinema.... do you leave with a copy??

Allan

GroobySteven
11-13-2006, 01:07 AM
I'm curious to what site does this?
Yes there are ways around it - but I'm not telling.

We've always left our content to be able to be downloaded as I believe members want to save their favourites and watch it later. They're buying a magazine subscription and if they want to go back to an old favourite magazine, then they shouldn't have to re-buy it.

Your comments about protecting their rights are valid and I agree with it, posting or giving away the content for free doesn't help anyone which is why we try to limit it on places, appeal to members not to do it and legally go after people and websites who infringe us.

I think we'd also lose more members/revenue by blocking this feature than we'd save on having it.
seanchai

ARMANIXXX
11-13-2006, 01:11 AM
Capture software is 1 way to do it. You can get that free.

Also, I'm not saying OP has the right to distribute illegaly, only that he has a legal right to make his own copy.

GroobySteven
11-13-2006, 10:30 AM

Also, I'm not saying OP has the right to distribute illegaly, only that he has a legal right to make his own copy.

No he doesn't.
seanchai

ARMANIXXX
11-13-2006, 11:39 AM

No he doesn't.
seanchai

__________________________________________________ __________________________

Yes he does.

LCF
11-13-2006, 12:24 PM
Aren't there some terms of use that the OP probablly had to agree to to sign up for the website in the first place? If yes, then it probablly mentions something about this very topic...In which case he has no rights to own those photographs.

Think of it like the music program Rhaphsody, you can own and listen to any of those music files as long as you keep a subscription, if you know that upfront then you can't complain when the site does exactly what the terms said they were going to do.

Ecstatic
11-13-2006, 05:25 PM
In point of fact, if you've viewed the photos in your browser, you have already downloaded them. The question is how to save what you've downloaded.

partlycloudy
11-13-2006, 06:31 PM
what's the website?

ezed
11-14-2006, 07:03 AM
what's the website?

The website is Hung Angels. I confess, I met him online and charged him $20 for the address. I've ignored his subsequent e-mails on how to download.

dogger1211
11-15-2006, 10:17 AM
check your PM