PDA

View Full Version : Transexual on Grey's Anatomy

TomSelis
11-10-2006, 04:23 AM
It's on now, let's discuss!!!

Ecstatic
11-10-2006, 06:45 AM
So what's your opinion? For a soap opera of a show, I thought it was one of their better storylines. I don't know how often it can occur, but such medical reactions to HRT are possible, which was a good starting point (how does a transsexual deal with finding out that SRS or staying on HRT may kill her?). But the essence of the story was her insistence on having the SRS anyway, and her partner's reaction, first leaving, then finally coming back to be with her despite her misgivings. Thumbs up from me.

TomSelis
11-10-2006, 03:41 PM
I missed the trailer last week, so I was kind of surprised when they revealed it in the opening. Then they threw that nice twist in there about her also having breast cancer.

I was hoping for some girls' input, but eh. I thought it was pretty good, they kind of focused more on the wife's point of view. But I guess the transexual already made her choice, so it wasn't much of a story there. But I thought it was pretty good.

Caleigh
11-10-2006, 03:59 PM
though of course it is a another tragic TS story.

when is there going to be a TS character who is
just having a normal, blase life? who isn't a killer
or prostitute. who has no terrible tragedy. who just
happens to be one of the doctors on staff.

whatsupwithat
11-10-2006, 04:42 PM

Working on it.

tommytuu
11-10-2006, 06:06 PM
So what's your opinion? For a soap opera of a show, I thought it was one of their better storylines. I don't know how often it can occur, but such medical reactions to HRT are possible, which was a good starting point (how does a transsexual deal with finding out that SRS or staying on HRT may kill her?). But the essence of the story was her insistence on having the SRS anyway, and her partner's reaction, first leaving, then finally coming back to be with her despite her misgivings. Thumbs up from me.Um, excuse me. There is nothing soap opera about Grey's Anatomy. Its one of the highest rated shows on tv and has probably one of the most talented casts. The storyline is consistently good. Its just really good tv. We should applaud shows like this because most of whats on tv sucks. Really good acting and good writing are not something we find on tv these days.

RangeHova
11-10-2006, 06:55 PM
Um, excuse me. There is nothing soap opera about Grey's Anatomy. Its one of the highest rated shows on tv and has probably one of the most talented casts. The storyline is consistently good. Its just really good tv. We should applaud shows like this because most of whats on tv sucks. Really good acting and good writing are not something we find on tv these days.

I agree with the positive things that you said about the show but that doesn't mean that it is not a soap opera. It just happens to be a well done soap opera.

hondarobot
11-10-2006, 07:15 PM

Actually, it's possible that the show does have TS doctors and nurses on staff.

They could just be stealthy about the fact.

:wink:

Ecstatic
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I agree with the positive things that you said about the show but that doesn't mean that it is not a soap opera. It just happens to be a well done soap opera.
Point, RangeHova. That's exactly what I mean. The characters, situations, ongoing who's-dating-whom, etc. are all soap operatic, though I concur that it is very well done, else I wouldn't watch it.

RangeHova
12-26-2006, 09:42 AM
http://www.alexandrabillings.com