PDA

View Full Version : Oh Shit, The Condom Came Off, What Do I Do?

peggygee
10-31-2006, 03:47 AM
First, do not panic. Also do not attempt to clean the area with a douche or an enema.

In the event that you are having sex with an HIV+ person and the condom bursts, or slips off, your best course of action is to get to an emergency room immediately, and you will be placed on a very high level of a antiretroviral medications. You will also be tested periodically to make sure that you have not in fact contracted HIV.

Also be mindful that HIV, is not AIDS. Also be aware that neither HIV nor AIDS carry the same automatic 'death sentence' that people felt it did in the early 80s at its genesis.

With early detection, monitoring, medication, and a healthy life style, people with HIV can and do live healthy productive lives.

It goes without saying that the fear of contracting an STD, is highly emotionally charged, and ones's rational thought process can be overwhelmed with fear.

Perhaps the best tool to alleviate some of that angst is to Educate yourself about STDs, the LIFE YOU SAVE MAY BE YOUR OWN.

Finally, I have included some incubation periods, and STD window periods:

Specific STD Window Periods

Gonorrhea
The incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days.

Chlamydia
The incubation period for Chlamydia is usually 2 to 6 weeks, but can be longer.

Syphilis
The incubation period for Syphilis is usually 10 to 90 days.

HIV
The window period for HIV is usually 2 weeks to 3 months, but could be up to 6 months.

Hepatitis A
The incubation period for Hepatitis A is 15 to 50 days.

Hepatitis B
The incubation period for Hepatitis B is usually 45-180 days, with an average of 60 to 90 days.

Hepatitis C
The incubation period for Hepatitis C ranges from 2 weeks to 6 months - commonly, 6 to 9 weeks.

Talk with your partner about herpes & warts
There are no tests for genital warts and herpes tests are not necessarily useful. Herpes cultures require an active lesion to be present and herpes blood tests do not indicate whether the infection is genital or oral. Most people test positive on herpes blood tests because they were exposed to the virus orally as a child. It is therefore a good idea to discuss these 2 diseases with any new partner. Have you or your partner ever had genital herpes or cold sores on the mouth? Have either of you ever had genital warts diagnosed? Both of these diseases are common and having had either or both should not necessarily interfere with your relationship. Discussing these 2 diseases early in a relationship can reduce the chance of transmission.

Test later
As the incubation period for Chlamydia is up to 6 weeks, you can test at or after 6 weeks from the start of your relationship. It makes sense to test for gonorrhea at the same time. The blood tests - syphilis, HIV and possibly hepatitis - can be taken at 3 months. Most results would show up on an HIV and hepatitis test within 3 months of infection, but these tests can be repeated 6 months into the relationship to fully cover the window period.

But Knowledge Is Power !!

hollysweet
10-31-2006, 05:06 AM
First off why would you even sleep with someone who does have HIV im not saying some of the people who might has this are bad people but why put your self at risk i my self would not sleep with a man who i knew was sick ...Now if i didnt know he was sick i would be very pissed because then hes putting my life at risk just because he wanted to fuck someone who was sick it all comes down to how you screen people everyone in todays age need to be more careful love and sex are to different things.... so be carefull i guess is all anyone can ever say ..
xoox
Holly

Quinn
10-31-2006, 05:29 AM
Interesting post.

-Quinn

10-31-2006, 05:59 AM
First off why would you even sleep with someone who does have HIV im not saying some of the people who might has this are bad people but why put your self at risk i my self would not sleep with a man who i knew was sick ...Now if i didnt know he was sick i would be very pissed because then hes putting my life at risk just because he wanted to fuck someone who was sick it all comes down to how you screen people everyone in todays age need to be more careful love and sex are to different things.... so be carefull i guess is all anyone can ever say ..
xoox
Holly

Be careful. There's some around here to liken these statements to "you make it sounds like you can get it off a toilet seat". For HIV activists, refusal to have sex with someone with HIV is practically a hate crime.

I said exactly the same thing in another post and got flamed! LOL

Be careful.

hollysweet
10-31-2006, 06:29 AM
no im just smarter then that not everyone will tell you some are still mad at the world for getting sick in the first place i have a few friends who are sick and some who are not i still treat them all the same and love them all i dont hold anything against any one if there sick then thats they thing they have to worrie about that not me but when some one tryes to do something with me thats going to affect the rest of my life then im going to stand up and say what i think. this is not a hate crime... this is me just being smarter then the average bear...... you hear that boobooo

xoxox

Holly

peggygee
10-31-2006, 06:38 AM
xoox
Holly

Be careful. There's some around here to liken these statements to "you make it sounds like you can get it off a toilet seat". For HIV activists, refusal to have sex with someone with HIV is practically a hate crime.

Be careful.

I personally can commiserate with your concerns, and understand your fears.

Also, I am very glad that we are having a chance to have this dialouge. I am very glad that you as well as many others are not apathetic on this subject. Too often people will adopt a head in the sand approach, and hope that the problem does not come knocking at their door.

However, having said that I feel that I will maintain my position, that many people are looking at this situation from an emotional, and or fear based perspective.

For me, rather than fear something that I don't understand or have all the information on, I will do all in my power to garner a better understanding of it.

In the hour or two since I made my original posts, I have been perusing the Center For Disease Control (CDC), National Institute Of Health (NIH), World Health Organiztion (WHO) websites and countless others in support of the information that I am alreay armed with.

On many matters, it is perfectly fine to 'feel' a certain way about the topic.

On this particular subject, I would prefer to be armed with hard empirical, scientific facts.

Sorta, like don't bring a knife to a gun fight :smh

10-31-2006, 07:11 AM
I personally can commiserate with your concerns, and understand your fears.

Also, I am very glad that we are having a chance to have this dialouge. I am very glad that you as well as many others are not apathetic on this subject. Too often people will adopt a head in the sand approach, and hope that the problem does not come knocking at their door.

However, having said that I feel that I will maintain my position, that many people are looking at this situation from an emotional, and or fear based perspective.

For me, rather than fear something that I don't understand or have all the information on, I will do all in my power to garner a better understanding of it.

In the hour or two since I made my original posts, I have been perusing the Center For Disease Control (CDC), National Institute Of Health (NIH), World Health Organiztion (WHO) websites and countless others in support of the information that I am alreay armed with.

On many matters, it is perfectly fine to 'feel' a certain way about the topic.

On this particular subject, I would prefer to be armed with hard empirical, scientific facts.

Sorta, like don't bring a knife to a gun fight :smh

LOL. In heated battle with retards you don't need a gun or a knife, you just need to make sure they stay on their side of town. Facts are cool, but on certain subjects, "just being right" is even more cool.

To me, the "minimize the risk when you fuck people with HIV or other deadly STD's" strategy is just retarded and dangerous to society in general. I'd love to put these people into a blender. Especially the ignorant motherfuckers that want to turn this into an issue of discrimination.

It's not!

hollysweet
10-31-2006, 07:28 AM
well i hope that last little post wasent amed at me ? lol i was just saying i understand about others haveing it but when it comes down to me i take care of my self not saying those who are sick dont so im sure we could turn this in to a battle of whos right or wrong but when i posted i wasent pointing fingers saying your wrong your bad to anyone i was just saying how i felt on the subject and how i handle my self and that im very careful of who i do and dont slep with i think everyone has a right to know if there partenr is sick or not i was just saying i would not sleep with someone who was if i wasent sick only because i take pride in my body and self and want to be around for a very long time ..... as im sure everyone does sick or not so turn this in a bad or whatever way you see fit im sure when people read this there going to see where im comeing from and that im discriminating on any one

whatsupwithat
10-31-2006, 07:38 AM
To me, the "minimize the risk when you fuck people with HIV or other deadly STD's" strategy is just retarded and dangerous to society in general. I'd love to put these people into a blender. Especially the ignorant motherfuckers that want to turn this into an issue of discrimination.

It's not!

The point is, Tfan, that you might not know someone has HIV or another STD. You can't trust everyone to tell you the truth about it. If you could, there wouldn't be any HIV. Well, that's not true, some people don't even get themselves tested. So, your best course of action is to be safe and be armed with the facts.

You can call me an activist for feeling that way, for protecting myself with facts and with the appropriate measures, but I have seen too many close friends die from AIDS to do anything else.

hollysweet
10-31-2006, 08:30 AM
back ot what i said the first time im very careful and i do do myhome work on if my partnet is safe and clen hinse i am tested one because of the movies i do and two because i dont sleep with someone not even a bf with out a condom so you see i do look out for the facts i know them and love them im allways safe when if comes to this matter i wasent going on and on for nothing swearing anything i was simply saying tke care of your self your nto going to know unless you are careful do your homework dont fall in love and just let any person fuck you just becuse they said i love you or some bullshit thats all... and thanks so much for careing muahhh i love you to
xoxox
Holly

whatsupwithat
10-31-2006, 08:36 AM
back ot what i said the first time im very careful and i do do myhome work on if my partnet is safe and clen hinse i am tested one because of the movies i do and two because i dont sleep with someone not even a bf with out a condom so you see i do look out for the facts i know them and love them im allways safe when if comes to this matter i wasent going on and on for nothing swearing anything i was simply saying tke care of your self your nto going to know unless you are careful do your homework dont fall in love and just let any person fuck you just becuse they said i love you or some bullshit thats all... and thanks so much for careing muahhh i love you to
xoxox
Holly

keep on loving. safely. :)

much peace.

RangeHova
10-31-2006, 09:22 AM
Props to the original poster. In a place like this, post like this are needed.

10-31-2006, 09:47 AM

It's not!

The point is, Tfan, that you might not know someone has HIV or another STD. You can't trust everyone to tell you the truth about it. If you could, there wouldn't be any HIV. Well, that's not true, some people don't even get themselves tested. So, your best course of action is to be safe and be armed with the facts.

You can call me an activist for feeling that way, for protecting myself with facts and with the appropriate measures, but I have seen too many close friends die from AIDS to do anything else.\

We're not talking about those deceptive degenerate liars from bad families. We're talking about people who know and execute their responsibility to tell prospective partners.

Then we're talking about all the people who's mommies didn't love them and so they decide to have sex with an HIV person, anyway. And we're talking about people who advocate this and other suicidal behaviors.

ballzNnutz
10-31-2006, 10:25 AM
if you knowingly have sex with someone with HIV, as crule as it sounds, u deserve to die.

Levam
10-31-2006, 04:26 PM
if you knowingly have sex with someone with HIV, as crule as it sounds, u deserve to die.

Are you saying that if you had a gf or boyfriend who was tested HIV+ you shouldnt have sex with that person at all? (of course you should wear a condom then, the opposite would be crazy) The implications of all this is that HIV positives dont have a right to a sexlife placing them as sosical outcasts. Would I have sex with a person who I knew was HIV+? In general: no. Why? Because "there are plenty of fishes in the sea". Now if you love this person that could be a truly different matter. Many would be terrified and run, others would stick to their loved ones, support him/her and practice safe sex. In general,when humans are dealing with emotions and irrational fears, and not on reason and facts, we are playing on a dangerous ground, i.e the witchhunting that took place centuries ago.

whatsupwithat
10-31-2006, 05:11 PM

Are you saying that if you had a gf or boyfriend who was tested HIV+ you shouldnt have sex with that person at all? (of course you should wear a condom then, the opposite would be crazy) The implications of all this is that HIV positives dont have a right to a sexlife placing them as sosical outcasts. Would I have sex with a person who I knew was HIV+? In general: no. Why? Because "there are plenty of fishes in the sea". Now if you love this person that could be a truly different matter. Many would be terrified and run, others would stick to their loved ones, support him/her and practice safe sex. In general,when humans are dealing with emotions and irrational fears, and not on reason and facts, we are playing on a dangerous ground, i.e the witchhunting that took place centuries ago.

Rock on, Levam. People sometimes forget they're human.

werwt22
11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Hmmmm......very intersting thread. I knew what I was gonna say at first but now idk b/c a lot of people could have reasons to sleep with someone with HIV. Not me personally but just in general. I always wash down with alchohol after sex anyway, but nice post nonetheless.

peggygee
03-16-2007, 12:19 AM
Condoms in an intact foil packages last at least five years.
Adequate packaging is crucial to the long-term integrity of
latex condoms.

Plastic packages expose condoms to greater and more rapid
deterioration from oxidation, humidity, ozone and ultraviolet
light than do foil packages.

When properly sealed in foil packages, modern latex condoms are
quite resistant to adverse environmental conditions and will retain
their quality for at least five years and probably longer. Thus, all
condoms should be packaged in aluminum foil, or foil-plastic
laminate packages.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/condoms4x4.jpg

DimitriWolfe
03-16-2007, 12:51 AM
I know a guy that had to get on these meds and it made him pretty sick for the time he was on them.

blackmagic
03-16-2007, 01:50 AM
peggygee just out of "worrying" curiousity is it possible to get any HIV AIDS whatever from oral sex? :oops:

peggygee
03-16-2007, 02:02 AM
peggygee just out of "worrying" curiousity is it possible to get any HIV AIDS whatever from oral sex? :oops:

This from the Center For Disease Control And Prevention (CDC)

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/resources/qa/qa19.htm

Can I get HIV from oral sex?

Yes, it is possible for either partner to become infected with HIV through performing or receiving oral sex. There have been a few cases of HIV transmission from performing oral sex on a person infected with HIV. While no one knows exactly what the degree of risk is, evidence suggests that the risk is less than that of unprotected anal or vaginal sex.

If the person performing oral sex has HIV, blood from their mouth may enter the body of the person receiving oral sex through

the lining of the urethra (the opening at the tip of the penis);
the lining of the vagina or cervix;
the lining of the anus; or
directly into the body through small cuts or open sores.
If the person receiving oral sex has HIV, their blood, semen (cum), pre-seminal fluid (pre-cum), or vaginal fluid may contain the virus. Cells lining the mouth of the person performing oral sex may allow HIV to enter their body.

The risk of HIV transmission increases

if the person performing oral sex has cuts or sores around or in their mouth or throat;
if the person receiving oral sex ejaculates in the mouth of the person performing oral sex; or
if the person receiving oral sex has another sexually transmitted disease (STD).
Not having (abstaining from) sex is the most effective way to avoid HIV.

If you choose to perform oral sex, and your partner is male,

use a latex condom on the penis; or
if you or your partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms can be used.
Studies have shown that latex condoms are very effective, though not perfect, in preventing HIV transmission when used correctly and consistently. If either partner is allergic to latex, plastic (polyurethane) condoms for either the male or female can be used. For more information about latex condoms, see "Male Latex Condoms and Sexually Transmitted Diseases."

If you choose to have oral sex, and your partner is female,

use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the vagina. A latex barrier such as a dental dam reduces the risk of blood or vaginal fluids entering your mouth. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.
If you choose to perform oral sex with either a male or female partner and this sex includes oral contact with your partners anus (analingus or rimming),

use a latex barrier (such as a natural rubber latex sheet, a dental dam or a cut-open condom that makes a square) between your mouth and the anus. Plastic food wrap also can be used as a barrier.
If you choose to share sex toys with your partner, such as dildos or vibrators,

each partner should use a new condom on the sex toy; and
be sure to clean sex toys between each use.
If you would like more information or have personal concerns, call CDC-INFO 24 Hours/Day at 1-800-CDC-INFO (232-4636), 1-888-232-6348 (TTY), in English, en Espaņol.

ottorocket
03-16-2007, 02:03 AM

Yes it is. However the risk is very low. Open sores, cuts, recent dental work, flossing, even if you chew tobacco regularly increases your risk of acquiring HIV.

muhmuh
03-16-2007, 02:04 AM

to make it simple:
yes but rather unlikely

specialk
03-16-2007, 02:11 AM
Don't panic....just drop back 10 yards and.........PUNT

blackmagic
03-16-2007, 02:11 AM
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Sad/crying-022.gif

wish i would have known this info a year ago.

now that i know............ where exactly do i go to get tested?

Azanti
03-16-2007, 02:22 AM
'if you knowingly have sex with someone with HIV, as crule as it sounds, u deserve to die.'

The above statement is the most retarded I have ever seen. I will be sure to pass on those sentiments next time I visit my cousins grave.

ottorocket
03-16-2007, 02:23 AM

Check the Yellow pages...most all labs test

peggygee
03-16-2007, 07:14 AM

Here is a link to a map and alphabetical listings for HIV testing/treatment
centers in Texas.

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/services/service.shtm

blackmagic
03-16-2007, 07:16 AM

Here is a link to a map and alphabetical listings for HIV testing/treatment
centers in Texas.

http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/services/service.shtm

thanks a mil, all of you. :D

peggygee
03-16-2007, 07:21 AM
De nada. 8)

freak
03-16-2007, 09:02 AM

Be careful.

WELL SHIT, CALL ME A HATER