PDA

View Full Version : Born A Boy, Brought Up A Girl

Legend
10-20-2006, 02:41 AM
Did anyone else watch this special on TLC, its a sad sad story of twins whom when is born a doctor messes up a circumcision on one of the boys and tells the parents it would be wise to rise the boy as a girl named brenda and remove his testicles and for this to work his parents must never tell him of this experiment, as the boy gets older he is getting more masculine,dr.frankenstein is getting worried his experiment isn't going as planned so one day he recommends the boy gets his genitalia remove to fully become a girl but the boy says he is fine and will commit suicide if his parents take him back to the docter.The parents then finally tell the girl and her twin brother that Brenda is really a boy and Brenda decides she wants to be a boy at 13 years old and wants to be called david.As david gets older and marries a woman who already has children and it seems like his life is going good and they decide to go public about the experiment because the doctor is claiming the experiment was a success but before they can david's brother dies of a drug overdose
it is not known if it is a sucide or accident not being able to accept his brother death and his wife telling him that she needs time apart he ends committing suicide with a shotgun at the end.

One really sad part is at the end of his last interview with TLC he said "what will it take for people to stop doing these kinds of experiments killing themselves with a shotgun".When i was watching this i couldnt actually beleive it but then it sunk in that there are some crazy doctors are there that would put people in jeordary just to prove thier crazy theories.

Legend
10-20-2006, 03:18 AM
Sorry i forgot some key part of the doctors crazy practice he also made david watch women giving birth,both he and his brother to be photograph naked in a sexual way(which was never proven because the doctor order some notes of the experiment to be never revealed).David was also compensated for the botched circumcision when he was a adult but he makde bad investments which was cause for some of his depression.

johnie
10-20-2006, 04:58 AM
I saw this and thought how sad it was. This is a classic case of a doctor who manipulated a family just for his own benefit. He needed a guinie pig.

I believe that the decision to be male or female lies within oneself, not from some doctor. I think the doctor acted unethically.

Legend
10-21-2006, 03:21 AM
I saw this and thought how sad it was. This is a classic case of a doctor who manipulated a family just for his own benefit. He needed a guinie pig.

I believe that the decision to be male or female lies within oneself, not from some doctor. I think the doctor acted unethically.

This doctor tried to play god unfortunately the family payed the price by losing two sons it is sickening that a doctor would even suggest something like this.

kukm4
10-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Yeah it was sad tale. It reminded me of an episode of
Law and Order: SVU, checked google and thier story was the basis for that episode.
http://www.intersexinitiative.org/news/000172.html