PDA

View Full Version : RuPaul's Drag Race UK

Stavros
10-06-2019, 03:50 PM
too many errors in formatting, have deleted this. Don't see a delete function for new posts that go wrong.

Stavros
10-06-2019, 06:56 PM
Here is the link for those interested.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p07kt8b4/rupauls-drag-race-uk

Gillian
10-06-2019, 11:13 PM
too many errors in formatting, have deleted this. Don't see a delete function for new posts that go wrong.
Pfft. N00b ... :D:D:D;)

holzz
10-07-2019, 12:21 AM
man's a transphobe

Stavros
10-07-2019, 12:23 PM
man's a transphobe

Got any evidence for that claim?

I have been using a new computer and had problems pasting hyperlinks, and couldn't fix it, so I deleted the original post I put together.

Stavros
10-07-2019, 12:24 PM
Pfft. N00b ... :D:D:D;)

Not good with code either, so I don't understand your post. Maybe write it in English?

Gillian
10-07-2019, 05:37 PM
Not good with code either, so I don't understand your post. Maybe write it in English?
Sorry. I keep forgetting you're in your eighties ... :D

Stavros
10-07-2019, 06:23 PM
Sorry. I keep forgetting you're in your eighties ... :D
It's true, I remember the 1980s, and in my own eccentric way have retained a sense of humour since then. I probably had one before then too. But when it comes to a 'bag of chips' as opposed to Baga Chipz, I know what I prefer, and a foul-mouthed brummie doesn't work for me, with or without the skirt. At least Cheryl Hole has something to be pleased about, and not just the hole. But when it comes to Perruques, I will let you be the judge.
Put it down to my love of the better things in life such as opera and white wine in Auld Reekie, rather than haggis and a Glasgow Kiss, when referring to things North of the Border. Revenir au lit, as is said in New Town these days.

setterman
10-08-2019, 12:32 AM
My wife and I watched it, and honestly, thought it was fun, in the British tradition of pantomime dames and music hall, but much less glamorous than the American series. And you could tell that with the never-ending Union Jacks, references to the Queen, and "orl right, guv'nor" mockney accents, it was aimed squarely at the US market. I said to my wife "Of course, none of the contestants are as gorgeous as the trans who I've been fucked by". Well, actually, of course I didn't say anything of the sort, mainly because I'd like to retain my genitals just in case I ever need them again.

Stavros
10-08-2019, 04:17 AM
But why all the swearing? Does there have to be so much of it when it is not even used as an expletive but part of everyday speech? I don't watch these shows but have 'dipped' into them, and it is the swearing that stands out, most notably children swearing in front of their parents and parents in front of their children in Gogglebox -something that was unconscionable when I was living at home (I don't swear in mu sister's company, nor does she). I guess I really am getting old when I am offended by tv programmes. And let's not talk about those wigs....but hey, yes, maybe its more panto than pronto.

holzz
10-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Got any evidence for that claim?

I have been using a new computer and had problems pasting hyperlinks, and couldn't fix it, so I deleted the original post I put together.

he's made many transphobic comments over the years.

Stavros
10-08-2019, 01:59 PM
he's made many transphobic comments over the years.

Prove it.

holzz
10-08-2019, 10:53 PM
prove what? it's common knowledge. just google it.

Stavros
10-09-2019, 09:16 AM
prove what? it's common knowledge. just google it.

Just to clarify, are you claiming I am transphobic?

Gillian
10-09-2019, 11:20 AM
Just to clarify, are you claiming I am transphobic?
I don't think he is ... ;)