PDA

View Full Version : A Supreme Court decision that should gladden all of us.

TheGreatestLiar
06-14-2019, 08:13 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-brazil-homophobia/brazil-supreme-court-rules-homophobia-a-crime-idUSKCN1TF02N.
Sadly for America, it's from Brazil's highest court, not our trashbin of mediocre right wing nuts.

Vladimir Putin
06-15-2019, 02:49 AM
In many developed Western industrialized democracies in addition to Brazil, overt bigotry is a prosecutable offense. About ten years ago, an indigenous person in Canada was slapped with a fine in the hundreds for making anti-Semitic comments. About the same time in the same country, a Liberal member of the House of Commons was reprimanded and suspended for referring to people in the U.S. as “damn Americans.”

ghbryans
06-15-2019, 03:33 AM
Free speech means hearing stuff you don't want to hear. Sad for America??? Be very, very careful what you wish for.

Vladimir Putin
06-15-2019, 03:45 AM
Free speech means hearing stuff you don't want to hear. Sad for America??? Be very, very careful what you wish for.

Free speech is already under attack. I was harassed and bullied for passing out Obama literature at a shopping center Arizona early in the 2008 campaign. Such people “support” free speech only if they agree with it.

BostonBad
06-15-2019, 02:32 PM
Free speech is already under attack. I was harassed and bullied for passing out Obama literature at a shopping center Arizona early in the 2008 campaign. Such people “support” free speech only if they agree with it.

I agree but Obama still sucks.

Maximum freedom for maximum people is best.