PDA

View Full Version : MOGAI instead of LGBTQI+

natina
03-13-2019, 01:00 PM
MOGAI instead of LGBTQI+...Today marks the FIRST day of my changing everything I say to MOGAI, instead of LGBTQIA+I am told it is said: “Mo” + “gay” and/or M-O-G-A-I“MOGAI” stands for marginalized orientations gender alignments and intersex.

Quote:
"M = Marginalized

O = Orientations: Both Sexual Orientation and Romantic Orientation.

GA = Gender Alignments: Both Gender Identity and Gender Expression.

I = Intersex Bodily Variations (that include chromosomes, hormones, genitals or reproductive system)."

Examples of Marginalized Sexual Orientations: Homosexual, Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, Pansexual, Asexual, Ceterosexual, and others.

Examples of Marginalized Romantic Orientations: Aromantic, Bi-Romantic, Ceteroromantic, Homoromantic, Panromantic and others.

Examples of Marginalized Gender Identities: Transgender, Non-Binary Gender, Gender Fluid, Gender Neutral, Intergender, Gender Nonconforming, Gender Queer, Demigender, Two-Spirited, Tri-Spirited, and others.

Examples of Marginalized Gender Expressions: Drag Queens, Drag Kings, Cross-Dressers, Androgynous People, Butch Lesbians, Bears, Metrosexual, and more.

https://anunnakiray.com/2019/01/27/i-will-now-use-mogai-instead-of-lgbtqia

natina
03-13-2019, 01:16 PM

Stavros
03-13-2019, 07:36 PM
There is enough confusion over labels without creating a whole new tier of definitions which are questionable in their definition and purpose.

Some of us cannot be, and do not wish to be restrained, locked into, oppressed and insulted by a list of words cobbled together over a weekend seminar on post-modern sexualities by people whom we have never met and do not wish to meet, obsessed with labelling rather than defining, sowing discord and despair rather than bringing people together in the cause of common justice, without regard to their sexuality.

SanDiegoPervySage
03-13-2019, 08:04 PM
I'm calling it LGBT. I'm not changing anything up when they add a new letter what seems like every year

LilyRox
03-13-2019, 08:09 PM
Pretty sure there will just be tons of gay jokes with this acronym. Would be nice to have a different acronym to cover everyone since the LGBTQIAPD+ is basically just going to spell out the alphabet eventually, but I don't think this is a good acronym. "Mo-gay"

Fitzcarraldo
03-13-2019, 10:35 PM
Mogwai?
https://68.media.tumblr.com/7ce8a850e44c234bcfd7225a63b02719/tumblr_ohtn2aZANE1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

MrFanti
03-14-2019, 01:22 AM
MOGAI instead of LGBTQI+...Today marks the FIRST day of my changing everything I say to MOGAI, instead of LGBTQIA+I am told it is said: “Mo” + “gay” and/or M-O-G-A-I“MOGAI” stands for marginalized orientations gender alignments and intersex.

Quote:
"M = Marginalized

I can't see anyone wanting to be called "marginalized"...
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/marginalize

Definition of marginalize
transitive verb
to relegate (see RELEGATE sense 2) to an unimportant or powerless position within a society or group

CJ_Mercline
03-14-2019, 06:58 AM
I prefer the acronym i made, GASNC (gaz-nic): Gender And Sexual Non-Conformity. But hey, whatever works for you!

filghy2
03-15-2019, 02:17 AM
GASNC does sound like a new brand of antacid, but I agree that simpler is better. If we need a term to cover all these things what's wrong with simple English like alternative sexuality?

smoothboi
03-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Or we could just say queer and cover everyone.