PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an Astronaut

Fitzcarraldo
03-12-2019, 12:54 AM
I've decided I want to be an astronaut. I don't really have any experience, but I've seen lots of movies with astronauts in them, and I think I could do it.

Does anybody here have any NASA contacts or maybe know Elon Musk?

LilyRox
03-12-2019, 02:31 AM
Would it be crazy if I told you someone that works at NASA Kennedy Space Center and has met Elon Musk messaged me yesterday?

I'm actually shook. Is this bait?

natina
03-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Ya gotta take aerospace classes,
get an A&P certificate(Airframe /Powerplant), learn to fly a airplane , become an airmen.

PEPE3Z
03-12-2019, 02:53 AM
Mike Tyson, he can make you see the stars.

Fitzcarraldo
03-12-2019, 03:22 AM
Would it be crazy if I told you someone that works at NASA Kennedy Space Center and has met Elon Musk messaged me yesterday?

I'm actually shook. Is this bait?

It would only be crazy if it didn't happen.

It was just a statement sort of in keeping with other topics here.

But I can stand in my driveway and watch rocket launches.

Fitzcarraldo
03-12-2019, 03:23 AM
Ya gotta take aerospace classes,
get an A&P certificate(Airframe /Powerplant), learn to fly a airplane , become an airmen.

You don't have to be a mechanic to be an astronaut.

LilyRox
03-12-2019, 03:29 AM
I was blind to the humor from being so memorized by such a sarcastic coincidence. Me and him are planning big things for the future.

filghy2
03-12-2019, 03:33 AM
You don't have to be a mechanic to be an astronaut.

You mean it's not rocket science?

natina
03-12-2019, 06:22 AM
You need to Learn physics,chemistry, biochemistry, Bernoulli equation (fluid mechanics ).....

eric_x99
03-12-2019, 07:28 AM
In addition to everything else involved (academic qualifications and credentials) and training, you must also become a trained pilot.

Stavros
03-12-2019, 11:56 AM
I've decided I want to be an astronaut. I don't really have any experience, but I've seen lots of movies with astronauts in them, and I think I could do it.

Does anybody here have any NASA contacts or maybe know Elon Musk?

I don't know how old you are, but in the not too distant future I expect you will merely need to pay EasySpace a sum of money, say $10,000, to sit in a pressurized capsule/space-ship that will orbit the earth while you gaze at the Poles, the Equator and the rest, and return safely to exit through the shop where you can buy branded clothing 'Space? Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt', 'Space is easy with EasySpace', a small model of the spaceship, a mug and, of course, a fridge magnet.

natina
03-12-2019, 11:59 AM
You mean it's not rocket science?

How you gonna fix things when they break in space?
Call up a maintenance crew from 250,000 miles away...no wait you are the the pilot,maintenance crew,doctor,nurse,mechanic, navigator, technician. ....

Stavros
03-12-2019, 12:25 PM
How you gonna fix things when they break in space?

With a toothbrush...

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/how-to-repair-the-international-space-station-with-a-toothbrush

filghy2
03-13-2019, 05:03 AM
It looks like Fitzcarraldo and Donald Trump are thinking along similar lines
https://travelwirenews.com/trump-i-dont-want-albert-einstein-to-be-my-pilot-1309096/