PDA

View Full Version : Plane hits NYC High-Rise

Quinn
10-11-2006, 09:25 PM
Is anyone else watching this? One word: fuck!

-Quinn

bj
10-11-2006, 09:59 PM
thats a few blocks away from me :shock: I can see the smoke from the building and the 100 choppers above.

suckseed
10-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Incredible, the confusion over whether it was a heli or fixed-wing. They're saying it was a plane now, but...no one saw it? It wasn't a lightning bolt, it was a craft flying down the East river!

popperluv
10-11-2006, 10:17 PM
RIP ! Yankee Pitcher Corey Lidle :cry:

thanos
10-11-2006, 10:22 PM
Lots of small planes zig-zag in that area. I wonder if someone important to an industry was inside that plane.

suckseed
10-11-2006, 10:35 PM
I showed the unfolding story to my roomate just now. She said, "Did you hear the military planes taking off all night?" I live in the basement, and we live a few miles from the airport where planes can be heard all the time, so I hadn't heard anything unusual. She said a friend of hers who 'monitors the news' says we're deploying to Iran.
My reaction to this has run the range of emotions from alarm to dismissal so far. Still, if the s--t's going down, well, there you are.

NYCe
10-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Holy Shit. The plane was registered to Yankee's Pitcher Cory Lidle.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
10-11-2006, 10:59 PM
As a Yankees fan, I'm in shock

peggygee
10-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Oct 11, 4:49 PM EDT

Small Plane Hits NYC Building; 2 Die

By COLEEN LONG
Associated Press Writer

NEW YORK (AP) -- A small plane crashed into a 50-story condominium tower Wednesday on Manhattan's Upper East Side, raining flaming debris onto the sidewalks below and rattling New Yorkers' nerves five years after the Sept. 11 attack. Police said at least two people were killed.

The FBI and the Homeland Security Department said there was no evidence it was a terrorist attack. "The initial indication is that there is a terrible accident," Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said. Nevertheless, fighter jets were sent aloft over U.S. cities as a precaution, the Pentagon said.

The twin-engine plane came through a hazy, cloudy sky and hit the 20th floor of The Belaire - a red-brick tower overlooking the East River, about five miles from the World Trade Center - with a loud bang, touching off a raging fire that cast a pillar of black smoke over the city and sent flames shooting from four windows on two adjoining floors.

Firefighters shot water streams of water at the flames from the floors below and put the blaze out in less than an hour.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/crash_slide2.jpg