PDA

View Full Version : Useless Information No 4

Stavros
09-20-2018, 11:13 AM
Today it is Thursday, which means that to-morrow is Friday, and the day after that Saturday. But, and this is crucial, it also means that yesterday was Wednesday, and the day before yesterday was Tuesday.

qwerty81
09-20-2018, 08:09 PM
the day after the day after tomorrow is sunday.

Nikka
09-20-2018, 08:42 PM
yesterday was sept 19th holiday in Chile glory of the Army, beaten Bolivia and Peru together at the Battleship 1876 (I guess, close)

rabbitfufu
09-21-2018, 09:07 AM
today is only Tuesday as long as you don't cross the international dateline then yesterday really is yesterday to other arts of the globe unless you are in parts of Arizona where daylight savings time does not apply

Cereal Escapist
09-21-2018, 02:55 PM
Tinder is the New International Date-Line

Wendy Summers
09-21-2018, 03:10 PM
Today it is Thursday, which means that to-morrow is Friday, and the day after that Saturday. But, and this is crucial, it also means that yesterday was Wednesday, and the day before yesterday was Tuesday.

Spoken like someone who doesn't work from home. It's Thursday, right?

Stavros
09-21-2018, 07:20 PM
yesterday was sept 19th holiday in Chile glory of the Army, beaten Bolivia and Peru together at the Battleship 1876 (I guess, close)

Sorry, Nikka, you fail, as this is useful information for tourists visiting Vaparaiso on the 19th of September every year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Pacific

Stavros
09-21-2018, 07:23 PM
Spoken like someone who doesn't work from home. It's Thursday, right?

What could be more useless than living in the UK when it is Thursday but Wednesday in the USA, and Friday when it is Thursday -unless one is booking a hotel in Yonkers? I work at home, and am therefore not visiting the USA.

qwerty81
09-21-2018, 07:29 PM
when i'm at sea, the repeptivie cycle of 3 hours of watch followed by 9 hours off watch means, the only way i know what day of the week it is, is based upon what is served for lunch. taco tuesday, burger wednesday, and pizza and wings saturday... the only problem is when you're so tired you forget it was burger wednesday for lunch that day, and you start looking forward to burgers the following day...

Cereal Escapist
09-22-2018, 01:07 AM
when i'm at sea...

when i am at sea, i pee off the stern so i sail away from my own brand.

Nikka
09-22-2018, 01:11 AM
Sorry, Nikka, you fail, as this is useful information for tourists visiting Vaparaiso on the 19th of September every year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_the_Pacific

I failed for couple of years yes

Stavros
09-22-2018, 05:03 AM
I failed for couple of years yes

You may fail at some things, Nikka, as do most of us, but I think the consensus here is that you succeed at a lot more. Gracias.