PDA

View Full Version : RIP Anthony Bourdain

sukumvit boy
06-08-2018, 04:52 PM
1078889https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthony_Bourdain

Nikka
06-08-2018, 04:53 PM
he came to Chile to eat the "completos" (hot dogs with tomato and abocado and mayonese)

R.I.P.

bluebottle
06-08-2018, 06:15 PM
I loved his " No Reservations" travelogues...

Stavros
06-08-2018, 07:02 PM
Bourdain visited a ladyboy bar in Chiang Mai, but I am not sure which of the films it might be in 'The Parts Unknown' or 'No Reservations Thailand'. I first encountered him on BBC Radio 4 where he read extracts from Kitchen Confidential and went straight out and bought it, as it is not just about food but the micro-society of the kitchen and the world outside. I believe in recent years he concluded the best food he had eaten was in Vietnam but he was a mercurial figure liable to change his mind. He drew back the curtain on the way kitchens operate, with that revelation in New York that the fish markets open on Tuesday so don't order it on Mondays. The abundance of cooking programmes now on UK tv which reveal the organisation of 'brigades' in kitchens helps explain the alpha male nature of the Generals in charge, though the ultimate test is the quality of the food they prepare. And on the shows he was in, he was usually honest about the food. He inspired cooks as well as writers, and will be missed.

flabbybody
06-08-2018, 07:02 PM
I’m beyond shocked

unamasa
06-08-2018, 08:23 PM
It was probably the fucking "Completos" that killed him!
Loved his shows.

buttslinger
06-08-2018, 11:49 PM
With his constitution, I though he would live forever. I think he had a new show on a few days ago, real shocker.