PDA

View Full Version : Khameini: Don't masturbate during Ramadan(LOLAlert)

White_Male_Canada
10-05-2006, 06:53 PM
Khameini: Don't masturbate during Ramadan

Iran's supreme leader answers questions on masturbation and other topics on his website
Yaakov Lappin

Deliberate masturbation during the month of Ramadan renders a fast invalid, Iranian Supreme Leader Sayyid Ali Khameini has ruled.

Khameini, who is Iran's most powerful political and religious figure, was asked on his website : "If somebody masturbates during the month of Ramadan but without any discharge, is his fasting invalidated?"

"If he do not intend masturbation and discharging semen and nothing is discharged, his fasting is correct even though he has done a ḥarām (forbidden) act. But, if he intends masturbation or he knows that he usually discharges semen by this process and semen really comes out, it is a ḥaram intentional breaking fasting," the Iranian leader said, posting the reply on his website.

Another reader asked: "Once in the holy month of Ramadan, I forgot to brush my teeth, and some tiny bits of food remained in my mouth. I swallowed the bits unintentionally. Do I have to perform the qaḍa (repent) for that day's fast?"

"If you did not know that some bits of food remained between the teeth, or you did not know that they would reach the throat, and they were swallowed unknowingly and unintentionally, then you are not liable to make (repent) of the fast," said Khameini.

'Drink water while standing'

On the website, Khameini also tells Iranians that only jockeys are permitted to gamble on horse races.

He is also asked whether it is permissible for a man to marry a woman only in order to be able to live in his wife's country. "Can a man conclude a marriage contract for a year with a European girl after getting her agreement with the purpose of going to her country?" A reader asked.

"There is no problem in that if they are serious in contracting marriage and it is done with her father's permission if she is virgin," Khameini ruled.

The Iranian leader also told readers they were allowed to "to drink water while standing" at nights. It was "not permissible" to take part in meetings attended by both men and women, he told another reader.

"In Islam's view, rulers and governments exist just to serve people and carry out works in the interest of the public and this is what God demands us, as authorities, to fulfill," Khamenei was quoted Tuesday telling Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3311189,00.html

Kramer
10-05-2006, 07:45 PM
Hey Canada, does your arch-nemisis still post here? Its been nice and quiet around here for a while now. 8)

peggygee
10-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Perhaps in a country where Islam is seen as a backward thinking, war and hate mongering religion, this may be seen as funny.

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, and currently is the second largest religion in the world in terms of adherents to it.

Contrary to public perception it is not a religon of terrorism, persecution and repression.

Thus, some thought may be warranted before making perjorative or derogatory statements abot the religious choices of others.

:2cent

BrendaQG
10-05-2006, 10:00 PM
As the resident Muslim I will also point out that those restrictions for the fast are in effect from sun up to sun down. After sundown, in the muslim world, Ramadan is 30 days of all night partying. Supposedly without alcohol but marijuana is legal there so it breaks even.

Mabey I will move to Iran one day. A place where being a transsexual who is a muslim does not seem like a contradiction. :-?

In the case of Iran in particular let us not forget just such a fatwa is why TS ism is not officially persecuted there. Certain muslim beliefes about gender and gods power to do as god pleases are at the root of those laws.

White_Male_Canada
10-06-2006, 01:21 AM
Hey Canada, does your arch-nemisis still post here? Its been nice and quiet around here for a while now. 8)

I think you`re in the wrong section here:-)

http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewforum.php?f=13

In there I enjoy exposing the Wilson/Plame Big liars.

I`ll refrain from exposing islam as a war religion( "I will convert by the sword") in the General Discussion board. I posted this because it`s just as hilarious as mohammed saying satan sleeps in your nostrils at night and camel urine is good to drink.

Quinn
10-06-2006, 02:34 AM
As the resident Muslim I will also point out that those restrictions for the fast are in effect from sun up to sun down. After sundown, in the muslim world, Ramadan is 30 days of all night partying. Supposedly without alcohol but marijuana is legal there so it breaks even.

While not a fan of Islam, or any other organized religion for that matter, I have always found certain practices fascinating. Ramadan, in particular, has always held quite a bit of interest. Yom Kippur holds a similar interest for me.

-Quinn

10-06-2006, 04:41 AM
In the case of Iran in particular let us not forget just such a fatwa is why TS ism is not officially persecuted there. Certain muslim beliefes about gender and gods power to do as god pleases are at the root of those laws.

TS are not persecuted due to fatwa, but they are, by the admission of most muslims, controlled, dominated and oppressed.

BrendaQG
10-06-2006, 06:19 AM

TS are not persecuted due to fatwa, but they are, by the admission of most muslims, controlled, dominated and oppressed.

In other words they are either treated like women, or they are treated not much different than we are here in the USA?

@Quinn. I know what you mean. I was basically an atheist prior to my conversion.

White_Male_Canada
10-08-2006, 06:44 AM
islam`s fake

http://www.historyofjihad.org/

BrendaQG
10-08-2006, 10:09 PM
No more than any other religion.

At least it's more real than Scientology.

thombergeron
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Bertrand Russell said, “I regard [religion] as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.” Though, as an Englishman in the early 20th century, his comments were primarily focused on Protestantism and Catholicism – he wrote in Why I am Not a Christian, “I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world” – I think that he would approve of his comments being applied to any of the world’s major systems of ignorance and vacuous superstition.

Personally, I have always always found Bill and Ted’s theology to be entirely sufficient: Be excellent to each other.

White_Male_Canada
10-09-2006, 06:41 PM
islam,the religion of peace. peace of the grave to be specific :lol:

Inter Press Service News Agency

BERLIN, Sep 29 (IPS) - Amnesty International has issued an urgent appeal calling on its members to write letters to the Republic of Iran asking them not to stone seven women.

Nearly all of the women have been sentenced to die by stoning for adultery. Officially Iran had placed a moratorium on the cruel and painful practise in 2002, but Amnesty claims sentencing continues. The group has received credible reports that two people were stoned to death in May.

The United Nations Human Rights Committee has ruled that treating adultery and fornication as criminal offences does not comply with international human rights standards.

"The sentence of execution by stoning for adultery breaches Iran's commitment under article 6(2) of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights that death sentences will be imposed ‘only for the most serious crimes'," Amnesty wrote in its appeal.

Under Shari'a law, a prisoner is buried up to her breast, her hands restrained. Rules also specify the size of the stones which can be thrown so that death is painful and not imminent. Both men and women can be sentenced to die by stoning. In

BrendaQG
10-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Bismiullah Ar-rahman ul Raheem

The pentaly of stoing is what is called for in the Qur'an. Would the world deprive millions of their religious freedom. Do people who complain about these sentences contemplate how these women were caught? Probably becuause other women told on them. Lord knows even those women may have told on other people.

To convict someone to a Sharia punishment one needs to have either 4 Male or 8 female or some combination of muslim witnesses. Where were these women screwing? Somebody would have to have ratted them out.

Even then these women would be let go if their husbands forgave them.

My points being

1.) Chances are if any of these women have lived long enough they have probably helped in the stoning of others.

2.) The muslim world has it's beliefes, and customs, and who is to judge them worse than ours?

They are different. How about the practice under US law of finding someone criminally not guilty then finding them liable and taking all their money? How about the number of people sentenced to death here (in IL in specific) who were on death row. If it were not for the governor those men would be dead. No legal system is perfect. Not there's not ours.

White_Male_Canada
10-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Bismiullah Ar-rahman ul Raheem

The pentaly of stoing is what is called for in the Qur'an. Would the world deprive millions of their religious freedom. Do people who complain about these sentences contemplate how these women were caught? Probably becuause other women told on them. Lord knows even those women may have told on other people.

To convict someone to a Sharia punishment one needs to have either 4 Male or 8 female or some combination of muslim witnesses. Where were these women screwing? Somebody would have to have ratted them out.

Even then these women would be let go if their husbands forgave them.

My points being

1.) Chances are if any of these women have lived long enough they have probably helped in the stoning of others.

2.) The muslim world has it's beliefes, and customs, and who is to judge them worse than ours?

They are different. How about the practice under US law of finding someone criminally not guilty then finding them liable and taking all their money? How about the number of people sentenced to death here (in IL in specific) who were on death row. If it were not for the governor those men would be dead. No legal system is perfect. Not there's not ours.

You honestly belieive satan lives in your nostrils at night !? I could go on but pictures speak louder.

TonyStarx
10-10-2006, 05:00 AM

BrendaQG
10-10-2006, 06:44 AM
Yes. I believe there is no go bu god and Mohammed was the messenger of god.

Do you interrogate the other girls about their religious belieefes?