PDA

View Full Version : A changed man + Whats in a name?

lust4ts
10-05-2006, 03:42 AM
since joining this site i have learned so much about transsexuals and peoples points of veiws on them. coming from a reasonably small city in england and not having a wealth of experience and interaction with these womderfull people i had a view in my mind which i now know was probably a bit fucked. on reflection some of the things i have said in the past were wrong and i apologise for affending people especially post op transsexuals. i see that just because personally i dont find post op girls as attracive as pre op girls this does certainly not make them any less of a person. i would hope that im a better person than what i was two weeks ago. i would like to ask a question that interests me as i mentioned i have not had a vast amount of interaction with t girls i only ever known two on a personal level and the one thing they both hated was being called a trannie. im not sure if it is the same in america but over here in england the word trannie is generally used to descibe a man in drag. i personally do not like the term it is way to generall and goes knowwhere to mention the femininity of a womenly transsexual. im interested to know i how t girls them self feel about the word trannie and if they share the same feelings as these two girls forth mentioned or maybe people have experienced reactions when this word is used. by the way i just got my ass kicked in a boxing match, hopefully next time ill win heres hoping

GroobySteven
10-05-2006, 03:46 AM
Trannie/Tranny is used in both the US and UK (I've heard it more in the UK) and really should refer to any transgender, not just transvestites (men who dress in woman's clothes as they feel more comfortable that way or enjoy the fantasy).
I can understand if someone referred to the transsexuals you mentioned as TV's there would be more of an issue.

If you got your arse kicked in a boxing match you were facing the wrong way.
:P
seanchai

lust4ts
10-05-2006, 03:58 AM
thanks for your point seanchai but it still didnt really answer my question what i was trying to find out is if it was a Coincidense that both these girls did not like this term or a veiw shared much wider. as for standing the wrong way that probably would have been a bonus least my face wouldnt be hurting.

GroobySteven
10-05-2006, 04:03 AM
thanks for your point seanchai but it still didnt really answer my question what i was trying to find out is if it was a Coincidense that both these girls did not like this term or a veiw shared much wider. as for standing the wrong way that probably would have been a bonus least my face wouldnt be hurting.

Most TS's wouldn't like being called a tranny if it denoted being a transvestite (which it shouldn't) but let's see what the girls say and if they feel that tranny refers to TV more than TS?
seanchai

peggygee
10-05-2006, 09:09 AM
on reflection some of the things i have said in the past were wrong and i apologise for affending people especially post op transsexuals.

i see that just because personally i dont find post op girls as attracive as pre op girls this does certainly not make them any less of a person.

i mentioned i have not had a vast amount of interaction with t girls

i only ever known two on a personal level and the one thing they both hated was being called a trannie. im not sure if it is the same in america but over here in england the word trannie is generally used to descibe a man in drag. i personally do not like the term it is way to generall and goes knowwhere to mention the femininity of a womenly transsexual.

im interested to know i how t girls them self feel about the word trannie and if they share the same feelings as these two girls forth mentioned or

You state the in the past few weeks you have gained insights that were lacking in the past, well that's a start.

The first half of your apology to post op women comes off as sincere. Your second half, where you state that you "still don't find post ops as attractive a pre ops", tends to make me believe that there is still, much that remains of your old mind set.

In my opinion more introspection and work around that and your knowledge of transwomen in general is needed.

Oft-times I have noticed that those who are the loudest in their opinions, may be the ones most lacking in their knowledge of the subject.

By your own admission, you have stated that you have, had limited interactions with transwomen.

I do not know the level of your relationship to the two women that you allude to, so, I can't speak to that.

However, even with my educational background, as well as living over 30 years full time (10 of those post op - your favorite people) I am always learning something new in this area.

To answer your question about the term tranny, as stated, depending on the context it may have a negative meaning to transsexual women as it tends to imply transvestism.

I can not, do not, and will not speak for all transwomen.

But for this post operative transgendered woman of color, I personally find it as offensive as the terms: shemale, chicks with dicks, girls with that something extra, and the like.

Again to me as a woman of color, I find it as offensive as the 'N' word.

The fact that you are asking this question, perhaps shows your openess, and willingness to acquire information and knowledge about transsexualism.

There is much to be learned to asking your question in a forum such as this.

However, if you are sincere in your commitment to the transcommunity and it's betterment, and not just someone seeking sex, I would strongly and in no uncertain terms suggest that do much more reading and research on the topic.

There are many informative books on the subject, as well as a number of insightful sites.

Good luck.

Peg...

Caleigh
10-05-2006, 03:44 PM
i know a TON of trans women who HATE the word
"tranny" being applied to them. Tgirl seems to be
well tolerated but trans-woman seems to now be
the most politcally correct. And if you are trying to
get into someones pants, honey usually works better
than vinegar