PDA

View Full Version : Market for Black-tgirl (English speaking...lol) videos?

Thuggish_Intellect
08-05-2004, 11:39 PM
Does it exist? :-?

Is anyone currently producing films featuring black/latina american girls? I only know of a few so-so videos out there with this type of content, i'd love to see more. Usually latina/black-tgirls are relegated to some complimentary roles on most of the DVD's i've seen...damn shame.

Or maybe I just don't know where to look. Does anyone have any info?

-Thanks

GroobySteven
08-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Only people I know producing all-US with new girls including black girls videos are Joanna Jet (who has slowed down on production), bobs-Tgirls (who seems to have stopped production) and ourselves (Grooby) who have also slowed down. There is market there but the costs in producing a tape in US compared to abroad and the glut of TS titles in the marketplace make it hard to make it financially viable.
Our last DVD "Tony Vee's NY Shemales" is doing quite well and we have a new one in the works.
seanchai

Thuggish_Intellect
08-06-2004, 02:28 AM
Cutting the need for distribution and hardware cost?
Just like most independent producers are now publishing there work online.

More or less setting up a seperate site or offering for a nominal fee the opportunity to see first run American black/latina transsexual movies?

GroobySteven
08-06-2004, 03:06 AM
It's in the works - watch out soon.
seanchai

Thuggish_Intellect
08-06-2004, 04:46 AM
you just made my day

Reddman
08-11-2004, 09:36 AM
It's in the works - watch out soon.
seanchai

Seanchai, to paraphase that line from "Field of Dreams": if u bulid it we will cum" :D

Reddman
08-11-2004, 09:50 AM
[quote="seanchai"]. There is market there but the costs in producing a tape in US compared to abroad

For example what's the avg budget like for one of your tapes vs. say a Brazilian or foregin produced film??? Is the cost difference attributed to a different pay scale for talent or production crew??? I imagine the distribution deal would be the same deal no matter where the production is based out of.

d
08-11-2004, 04:08 PM
i'm sure the brazilian and other foreign films production values are much lower than any american films, just pick up any sunshine video and see for your self.

GroobySteven
08-12-2004, 12:32 AM
If we're shooting a US tape the model usually gets around $1200 a shoot. That means 5 shoots x $1200 = at least $6000. We then have to take into account hotel expenses for ourselves (or models) and extras. To produce it on VHS and DVD (about 1000 initial copies of each) will take the budget to around $15k before any advertising costs.
The distributors take 30% of every sale which goes out wholesale at between $9-$17 an item depending on how many you buy. This is one reason we ask people who can, to buy it direct from us as we manage to keep the whole amount. Simple math will show you how many you need to sell to break even (we usually make at least half the budget back with direct sales).

Those of you who think the big sellers like Joey Silvera and Gia Darling are seliing 10,000's of copies are incorrect. I thought that the market was much bigger but a major release like a Joey DVD may only sell 5000-10,000 copies in it's entire lifetime ie; over 5+ years.

We're probably not going to release anything else on VHS. This will cut the costs a lot.

Shooting in Brazil we are higher payers than most and still pay the girls $300 a scene. Hotels are around $100 a day so even with airfares and such we're saving a massive amount being able to get a production out for around $5000 on the shelves. I think our first three Brazilian releases were excellent, with great girls and gonzo action but we've chosen to stick with US models as personally they're more interesting and inlike most producers, we have access to them.

You'll be happy to know, I'm in New Orleans and have three black girl scenes in the bag already (and another tomorrow) for two seperate releases, one a hardcore DVD and the other a solo style DVD.
Stay tuned - release date probably mid-Oct.
seanchai

Thuggish_Intellect
08-12-2004, 01:34 AM
It's not that I don't like the foreign girls it's just that I at least like to understand what they're saying.

The more correct term for me to say would have been English speaking ts.

I have a few themes in my head that i'd think would fly. If you sent me your contact email i'd forward them to you.