PDA

View Full Version : Wreck of the Patrick Fitzgerald(WilsonMSNBC)

White_Male_Canada
09-22-2006, 12:58 AM
My title. Now that the Big Liars are on the run they need an 'out'.I say NO!.Get Plame,Wilson,Russert,Armitage,Powell on the witness stand.Expose these propagandists for who they are :

Fitzgerald given way out of Libby CIA leak case

Judge says he can dismiss case if classified secrets will be revealed

By Joel Seidman

Producer
NBC News

Updated: 2:36 p.m. ET Sept. 21, 2006
WASHINGTON - The judge in the CIA leak case ruled Thursday that if Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald feels that admitting certain classified documents at the upcoming trial of I Lewis "Scooter" Libby can jeopardize national security, Fitzgerald can then move to dismiss the perjury charges against Libby.

Judge Reggie Walton cannot automatically allow classified materials to be admitted at trial. He first must go through a series of closed hearings under CIPA regulations. CIPA, the Classified Information Procedures Act, protects and restricts the discovery of classified information in a way that does not impair the defendant's right to a fair trial. It also allows the government to propose a redacted version of a classified document as a substitution for the original, having deleted only non-relevant classified information.

In his ruling this morning, the Judge Walton, has given a technical legal victory to Libby's attorneys concerning the admissibility of classified materials they want to present at trial for their defense...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14941062/