PDA

View Full Version : Summer's coming , please don't pee in the pool.

sukumvit boy
03-05-2017, 04:03 AM
New method reveals there's actually a lot of pee in most pools.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/artificial-sweetener-reveals-much-pee-average-pool/

Stavros
03-05-2017, 06:28 AM
There are pools which have a chemical which turns a certain colour if someone pees while they are in the water. A gym I used to go to had one. There is always the assumption that users have showered before they enter the pool, but I have an aversion to them as I contracted a bad case of athlete's foot when the school used to take us for swimming lessons, and when I read that FDR was a fit man until he jumped into a pool with some boy scouts one summer contracted polio as a result and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair, I decided that swimming pools for the most part should be avoided.

filghy2
03-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Everyone who does this thinks that their pee will not make a noticeable difference, but it never seems to occur to them that others would have the same thought

youngblood61
03-05-2017, 07:30 AM
Memories:)

sukumvit boy
03-06-2017, 02:28 AM
There are pools which have a chemical which turns a certain colour if someone pees while they are in the water. A gym I used to go to had one. There is always the assumption that users have showered before they enter the pool, but I have an aversion to them as I contracted a bad case of athlete's foot when the school used to take us for swimming lessons, and when I read that FDR was a fit man until he jumped into a pool with some boy scouts one summer contracted polio as a result and spent the rest of his life in a wheelchair, I decided that swimming pools for the most part should be avoided.

But I'll bet nobody ever saw it happen!

Actually , that bit about the pool water turning color when someone urinates is an urban myth , fostered no doubt by pool owners and administrators . The chemistry is quite simple : in order to have a sufficient concentration of some chemical indicator to cause a color change when it reacts with urine would require tons of that chemical added to the pool water , which simply is not done.

http://www.snopes.com/science/poolpiss.asp

Dudedude12345
03-06-2017, 03:25 AM
That's why I have my own pool

Jericho
03-06-2017, 04:40 AM
That's why I have my own pool

But do you piss in it?

DeseosEscandulosos
03-06-2017, 06:48 AM
Gotta pee! Gotta pee! Gotta pee!

gaysian71
03-06-2017, 08:24 AM
I was wondering why pool water always tastes so good.

DeseosEscandulosos
03-06-2017, 08:45 AM
I'm sitting at the edge of the pool totally not looking guilty.

DeseosEscandulosos
03-06-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm confused. Why does the first photo (Gotta pee post) display, but not the second (edge of pool post)?

What are these two different interfaces for the forum, how do I switch between them, and why does one have no way of attaching images to a post?

joesocalif
03-06-2017, 10:42 AM
National Swimming Pool Foundation has this listed as the most common common pool myth of all time. Nearly half of the people surveyed believed the dye actuality exists .

Stavros
03-06-2017, 02:20 PM
National Swimming Pool Foundation has this listed as the most common common pool myth of all time. Nearly half of the people surveyed believed the dye actuality exists .

Interesting, because when the attendant in the gym I was a member of told me, I believed her, and had no reason not to. Ah well, at least it worked!

trish
03-06-2017, 07:10 PM
Twenty gallons out of 220000 gallons. That's way above the recommended homeopathic dose!

Gillian
03-06-2017, 07:23 PM
Twenty gallons out of 220000 gallons. That's way above the recommended homeopathic dose!

:lol:

This story seems to be doing the rounds in most countries. Mention 75 litres in a pool and people retch and scream. Mention it as a percentage of the total volumes and suddenly it's not so exciting.

(75 litres in a 2,500,000 litre pool is only 0.003%, so no biggy)

PS Don't get me started on homeopathy; quackery at its worst ... :D

Wendy Summers
03-06-2017, 08:24 PM
So anyway -- the first summer I ever worked was as a basket attendant at the local pool. On a particularly cold and cloudy day, only 5 people showed up to swim... two of whom decided to fuck in the pool. All the employees including the lifeguards were laughing in the office. The head lifeguard bet me $20 to take a skimmer and clean around them and ask if it was as good for them as it was for us.

Easiest $20 I've ever made.

http://www.wendysummers.com/tour/galleries/10/image_19465.jpg

Stavros
03-07-2017, 09:33 AM
:lol:
PS Don't get me started on homeopathy; quackery at its worst ... :D

Nevertheless, if you want to share your thoughts on the so-called 'President' Trump, I am sure we would all like to read them.

Dudedude12345
03-08-2017, 12:27 AM
But do you piss in it?

No but I do have sex in it