PDA

View Full Version : Puppylove

melody mayheim
10-15-2016, 12:47 AM
Will someone buy me a shih tzu puppy?!? Love you long time! :)

bluesoul
10-15-2016, 02:07 AM
yeah sure. no probs.

melody mayheim
10-15-2016, 02:09 AM
I'm serious. Lol

Fitzcarraldo
10-15-2016, 04:46 AM
Why not get a dog from a shelter? (Oh, I just noticed you want a specific breed.)

bluesoul
10-15-2016, 07:35 AM
i'm serious too. tell me the price or show me the pup and it's yours.

i'm cool like that :banana:

Laphroaig
10-15-2016, 10:46 AM

Sorry, I'm a very bad man, but I couldn't resist.

Haven't you just got 2 new puppies to play with?...:tongue:

gmb
10-15-2016, 10:01 PM
A lot of care to get that hair to behave...

melody mayheim
10-16-2016, 04:40 AM
Yea any purebred shih tzu is adorable...but an all white one or brown/white one would be purrfect! ;) my new "puppies" lol thats funny! :P

melody mayheim
10-16-2016, 05:46 PM
I love pekingese dogs too! Lol ;)

alpha2117
10-16-2016, 06:13 PM
I'd recommend a cross rather than pure bred. Purebreds have a tendency to have both breathing and eye problems. Croos them with a maltese or another similar small dog breed and a lot of that goes away.

Fitzcarraldo
10-16-2016, 06:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY1QLITgJ_A

SXFX
10-16-2016, 07:05 PM
wow so you were running a go fund me sight to raise money for your tits....now you want one for your dog?
girl just grow a set of ovaries and find yourself a nice sugar daddy and get it over with?

runningdownthatdream
10-16-2016, 07:23 PM
wow so you were running a go fund me sight to raise money for your tits....now you want one for your dog?
girl just grow a set of ovaries and find yourself a nice sugar daddy and get it over with?

Don't hate the player........hate the game , if you must hate anything ;)

melody mayheim
10-16-2016, 11:00 PM
LMAO! That right! Exactly what he said! ^^^ yes I raised money for my implants but most of the money came from my pocket. Now I have my implants and now I want a puppy so wait. My boobs are so june. It's now october. Lol

gmb
10-17-2016, 05:24 AM
Get a Great Dane!

melody mayheim
10-17-2016, 03:01 PM
Thats way too big! I want it to be like a baby...lol

gmb
10-17-2016, 03:11 PM
Problem with small dogs is they yap, yap, yap all day long...

melody mayheim
10-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Lol I found one for $400, whos gona donate to $200!?!? Gofundme.com/melodymayheim

melody mayheim
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
It's a shih-poo!

alpha2117
10-17-2016, 04:08 PM
Rubbish gmb - yapping & barking is training and treatment rather than nature. Dogs are pack animals - adult wild dogs rarely make unnecessary noise and the same goes with well trained pets - if you have one dog and you leave it by itself then it will try to do something to either get out of the area it's contained in to find it's pack leader (you) or call out in distress to try to attract it's pack leader or another member of it's packs attention or if it's more secure thanks to good training it will just hang out and chill. A well trained dog will only bark if it thinks it needs too - someone intruding in it's territory it doesn't know etc. Dogs that yap and bark constantly are either frustrated, scared, over-protective of their territory or a bit nuts - The first three can be fixed with good training when they are young and the last is actually pretty rare. There is 0% correlation between the size of the dog and it's tendency to bark other than a higher % of larger dogs are able to take the option of escaping it's area due to their ability to leap over fences or dig holes rapidly to climb under them rather than bark hoping for attention. If a dog feels safe, secure and is properly trained and has options to keep it happy and occupied they rarely yap all day long.

melody mayheim
10-17-2016, 04:14 PM
I agree alpha!

alpha2117
10-17-2016, 06:34 PM
I agree alpha!

No worries melody - like I said though if you are looking at shit-zhu's unless you want to have it as a show dog you are a heck of a lot better off getting one crossed with a maltese or another similar small dog breed. We had two a brother and sister and they were sweet dogs and very good but as they got older both experienced the eye issue that is pretty common with shit-zhu's and eye drops 5 times a day is no fun for you or them. If you get a crossbreed then they tend not to have the genetic propensity to the condition as it's recessive. The other thing to watch is breathing - purebreds have that same issue many flat faced dogs do where they can have breathing issues because breeders over the years have inbred to get that flat faced look- again if crossed with another small dog breed the chances of those issues is much less. All small flat faced dogs can have those issues but again crossbreeds tend to have less of the issues caused by recessive genetic conditions that purebreds have

Here's a short article giving you a bit of info on shitzhu maltese crosses.

http://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/pets/pets-pet-care-native-animals/maltese-x-shih-tzu/#.WAT6hYVOLIU

It's one of those crossbreed dogs that have come into vogue since the late 80's when people realised many purebreds have a lot of issues but when you cross similar but distinct breeds you often get very similar looking dogs with less health issues.

Whichever way you go I hope you have fun with your puppy when you get it - pets are fantastic.

melody mayheim
10-17-2016, 07:24 PM
Im gona get a shihpoo!

bigkid69
10-18-2016, 12:47 AM
Rubbish gmb - yapping & barking is training and treatment rather than nature. Dogs are pack animals - adult wild dogs rarely make unnecessary noise and the same goes with well trained pets - if you have one dog and you leave it by itself then it will try to do something to either get out of the area it's contained in to find it's pack leader (you) or call out in distress to try to attract it's pack leader or another member of it's packs attention or if it's more secure thanks to good training it will just hang out and chill. A well trained dog will only bark if it thinks it needs too - someone intruding in it's territory it doesn't know etc. Dogs that yap and bark constantly are either frustrated, scared, over-protective of their territory or a bit nuts - The first three can be fixed with good training when they are young and the last is actually pretty rare. There is 0% correlation between the size of the dog and it's tendency to bark other than a higher % of larger dogs are able to take the option of escaping it's area due to their ability to leap over fences or dig holes rapidly to climb under them rather than bark hoping for attention. If a dog feels safe, secure and is properly trained and has options to keep it happy and occupied they rarely yap all day long.

I mostly agree with you but some breeds certainly are more apt to bark or stay quiet. For instance, I used to own a Bullmastiff, and they are bred to remain quiet unless there is something they feel/sense/see out of the ordinary. I swear I didn't hear him bark for nearly 2 years!! Some dogs like Shelties and Boxers are very boisterous, it's in their nature.

I have found, and sure it is anecdotal evidence but I have been around a lot of dogs in my life, that generally speaking the larger the dog, the more self confident they are, thus they don't feel the need to bark. But you are completely correct, training will instill confidence in the dog no matter the size.

melody mayheim
10-18-2016, 02:49 AM
I got my baby! :) so adorable! But she hasnt barked at all yet

alpha2117
10-18-2016, 04:03 PM

Cool - post a pic when u get a chance - they are so cute when they are little.

alpha2117
10-18-2016, 04:14 PM
I mostly agree with you but some breeds certainly are more apt to bark or stay quiet. For instance, I used to own a Bullmastiff, and they are bred to remain quiet unless there is something they feel/sense/see out of the ordinary. I swear I didn't hear him bark for nearly 2 years!! Some dogs like Shelties and Boxers are very boisterous, it's in their nature.

I have found, and sure it is anecdotal evidence but I have been around a lot of dogs in my life, that generally speaking the larger the dog, the more self confident they are, thus they don't feel the need to bark. But you are completely correct, training will instill confidence in the dog no matter the size.

I've known a lot of large dogs that just bark constantly. The people behind me and to the side had a german shepherd which would bark at the breeze - literally if the wind picked up and branches on trees started moving it would go nuts. Lovely friendly dog but totally untrained and dumb as a box of hammers.

You are right some breeds do prefer stealth mode. A lot of working dog breeds tend to be quiet. They bark on command to scare sheep into moving one way or the other etc but other than that prefer to creep up on the sheep or cows. Bullmastiffs were bred to see off poachers and they have that creep up and bail up mentality.

gmb
10-18-2016, 05:58 PM
Nowadays you have to complete that 100-page adoption application so we know you're a fit mother.
(Then there's the regular visits from Child Services to think about...)

bigkid69
10-19-2016, 04:27 AM

Congrats!! What's her name?

melody mayheim
10-19-2016, 02:44 PM
Her name is mackenzie <3 :)

alpha2117
10-19-2016, 03:15 PM
The dawg appears to be incognito!

gmb
10-19-2016, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkn1kFmUW5E

melody mayheim
10-19-2016, 07:11 PM
Lol I had to catch her when she wasnt looking cuz she moves too fast when I called her name lol

gmb
10-20-2016, 03:32 PM
This fondness for diminutive creatures appears to go way back:

melody mayheim
11-14-2016, 04:31 AM
https://jeffreestarcosmetics.com/cart

Who's buying me this? Lol!

gmb
11-14-2016, 06:23 AM
Apparently someone did, 'cause the cart is empty...

melody mayheim
11-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Jeffree star's dark horse..I never put it in my cart lol